Default Soldier in Need!!!

To the racer community,

SFC Robert Wheeler has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. He has served in the military for 25 years and served in Iraq from 2004-2005. He is a married father of four. He is in need of your support as the bills are compiling with the agressive treatment he has been going through. The BENEFIT is being held at the Elk's Lodge (409 East Lake Shore Drive, Springfield, IL 62712) on August 20, 2011 from 1-11pm. If you are unable to attend the benefit or other events, we have set up a web donation website for your convience. http://www.donate4wheeler.bbnow.org/

If anyone has other ways to help, please contact me via PM, email (todd.anthony.smith@us.army.mil) or 217-741-1973

Events currently scheduled:
    June 23-25: Chatham Homecoming....Thanks to American Legion Post #759
    July 22: Jacksonville Speedway...Thanks to Cathy and Bobby Hawks
    TBD: Track Enterprises and Macon Speedway.....Thanks to Bob Sargent
    August 20: Benefit...Thanks to Elks Lodge #158

Thanks to everyone for your support!!!!

i want to say first of all i wish SFC Wheeler the best in his fight against this cancer. I also want to say that i'm not trying to stir up any trouble by this post.

I am a Vietnam Era vet and when i joined the Army we were told that if we served 20 or more years we could retire and the military would take care of us & our family for the rest of our lives. My question is: Since SFC Wheeler has served his country for more than 20 years why isnt the military taking care of his needs? Has this changed? If so why?

Again i'm not trying to cause grief for SFC Wheeler or his family, i just dont understand why he would have to ask for help from others when according to everything i have always been lead to believe is that the military would take care of his needs since he has served over 20 years.

Again i wish SFC Wheeler and his family the best.
    Have Camera, Will Travel

Check Out My Pics @

http://mikessportsimages.com/

http://www.greenvalleyspeedway.com/

Default To answer the call....

SFC Wheeler is a traditional and still current M-Day soldier which means he only drills once a month(Reserves). He is not on active duty and is not covered by insurance under the Federal Government due to being part time. His fulltime employment is in the civilian sector and his insurance doesn't cover alot of the treatments or only a certain percentage. If SFC Wheeler didn't need our support by all means this wouldn't be sent out to the public. Thanks for the inquiry.... I hope I answered all your questions and concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by car 13 View Post
    My question is: Since SFC Wheeler has served his country for more than 20 years why isnt the military taking care of his needs?
    Because the government is spending over $300,000,000,000 a year taking care of the ILLEGAL imigrants!!!!!
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

thank you very much for explaining this Todd.
    Have Camera, Will Travel

Check Out My Pics @

http://mikessportsimages.com/

http://www.greenvalleyspeedway.com/

Default Benefit

...your welcome!

am just wondering why he didnt go to the v.a. hospital?

dirtybird, could you leave that crap out of an important thread like this please? My gosh, is nothing sacred to some?

Todd, we're right up the road from you less than an hour. What can we do to help (other than what I will obviously do right away and start spreading the word over the P.A.)? I announce at Spoon River Speedway in Canton.

Please contact me at 309-647-1560 during regular business hours at WBYS/WCDD radio. Thanks, and our thoughts are with SFC Wheeler.

Default Will do!

Thanks Fireball and I will get a hold of you. As for VA, he is a reservist and not on active duty. In the reserves only Life Insurance is available, medical insurance is not. He wouldn't be eligible unless he was retired or drawing pension at age 62 for reservists. His medical insurance is covered under his civilian job....you can call it a catch 22 senerio...He is already in the RED for $30,000 with a major surgery scheduled in August if the chemo treatment gets it small enough to remove...Hoping for the best!.. Thanks!

I wish the Sargeant a speedy and full recovery!! Nothing hurts more than seeing someone who has done so much for everyone else become helplessly thrown into the fire when they CAN'T do so for themselves.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Can you please check the donation link on your website? I don't think it is working correctly.

Thank you.

Was able to use the top navigation link to donate. The link that says Donate Securely didn't work.

Hope others will contribute as well.

Default Thank you so much!!!

...I will get with the website providers to check the secure link so both places are working. Thanks again!!

Default Tonight....

...tonight at Jville is the make-up. I will be combing through the pits for drivers to help with passing the Boot at intermission...Thanks!