Default 602 crate carb info

new to 602 crate racin. i know theres alot of good carb builders out there but what im looking for is info on bulding carb for myself. like base plate info, main body,metering blocks, floates, jets,sprayers. Ive got a good 750 alcohol carb is it possible to convert to good 602 crate carb. eney good info would be appreciated, im a low budget guy carb the only part keeping me of the track. thanks guy's.

Sell the alcohol carb and buy a decent gas carb. Seriously. You'll never make that alcohol carb work, and it should be worth a few dollars intact.

Internal passages in an alcohol carb are to large and all you will have is problems and it will not run right not to mention a 750 is WAY to large for a 602, we won MANY races with a 604 and a 650hp.

if main plate is to big can a guy possibly change main body to 650 leave base plate 750 like a willys carb, then change metering blocks, floates, jets, sprayers.

I have not checked in awhile BUT swaping out baseplates was not legal a few years ago. In an alcohol carb every opening is made to flow 2.2 times the amount it would for gas. Any time I have ever asked any carb builders about converting one it was just cheaper to get a new carb and all said that the converted would not run as good. This includes when we were getting free carbs from a builder, it was always cheaper and better to get a new one. Chris Steel has won a bunch of races with a 602 and a BONE stock holley 650 4bbl straight out of the box.

thanks Egoracing for info. are rules in missouri for a mod is open. I think your way prob the best way to go. thanks.