Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    worked on car last night. car has 3 inches of lr drop. car has 1/4 inch of lead. also lowered left bottom bar one hole. will let you know after this weekend. thanks
    If that is measured right around where the birdcage mounts then i would extend it on out to about 4in. This is probably why they had so much angle in LR bars to get close to the same amount of rollsteer w/ less lift.

Is the Right side 1/4in longer than the left? or the left longer than the right?

right is longer than left 1/4 inch. i know we shortened the chain because car was hiking to much. so you think we should add a link back?

Usually when you shorten the drop it takes drive away. 4inches on a mod is usually a good drop, using lrt bar angle at 45degrees at max at full drop is also a good measuring stick. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    right is longer than left 1/4 inch. i know we shortened the chain because car was hiking to much. so you think we should add a link back?
    i am guessing you dont have a bolt to fine tune the drop from your statement. if a link isnt more than an inch then yes let it out. if its more than an inch you need to do something else to make it more adjustable. I have a piece of allthread through the frame with two nuts to fine tune drop.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    i am guessing you dont have a bolt to fine tune the drop from your statement. if a link isnt more than an inch then yes let it out. if its more than an inch you need to do something else to make it more adjustable. I have a piece of allthread through the frame with two nuts to fine tune drop.
    We use 1/4in bolts in the chain to fine tune it

Default RF spring

Put a heavier RF spring in it. I messed around with those light RF springs to no avail, went back with a stiffer spring and soft comprssion shock with a bunch of rebound, and wow what a difference. Car rolls on RF better now with big spring soft compression shock than it did with the solf spring soft shock. Loads of traction.

Think about it, you are getting the car up on LR with bar angles, and the RF is traveling down (compressing). what happens when you top out chain or shock on LR, and the RF still has room to compress? It lifts up the LR tire, and you have no traction.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by not clamped up View Post
    I agree with powerslide dropping both L.S. bars will help and I would put the 600 in the RF and the 550 in the LF,I just had a guy do these same things including what they are telling you with the J-bar and it fixed the sideways down the straights problem he was having.There are still plenty of cars winning races with a heavier RF spring than the left.
    I rest my case...lol

Default rf

How stiff should he go

It depends on what type of chassis u got every chassis has a different way of setting them up we got a bms and a shaw and they are nowhere close to set up I would set your ride heights measure your jbar on chassis like every one else said I would go 4 to 5 inches up on chassis check the angle in your jbar with an angle finder I always run 4.5 to 5.5 degrees and on the pinion I've always been told to put the j bar level with rear end yoke by chassis builders I agree with everyone else take the angle out of the left side 4 bar and maybe put some angle in the right bottom bar the depending on what style front end u got a Chevelle runs lf 600 Rf 650 on most and depending on drivers weight if they weigh less then 200 lbs I would run 175 cross back if driver weights more I'd run 200 springs cross the back too the scaling part I always scale with driver in car cuz I wanna scale it how it gonna be raced with driver I would go no more then 57.5 rear and left I run 53.5 I run only 25lbs of left rear bite if u raise the wedge up a real lot it will help on the heavy but it will be horrible on dry slick good luck racing hope yall get it running good

Quote Originally Posted by Deish98 View Post
    It depends on what type of chassis u got every chassis has a different way of setting them up we got a bms and a shaw and they are nowhere close to set up I would set your ride heights measure your jbar on chassis like every one else said I would go 4 to 5 inches up on chassis check the angle in your jbar with an angle finder I always run 4.5 to 5.5 degrees and on the pinion I've always been told to put the j bar level with rear end yoke by chassis builders I agree with everyone else take the angle out of the left side 4 bar and maybe put some angle in the right bottom bar the depending on what style front end u got a Chevelle runs lf 600 Rf 650 on most and depending on drivers weight if they weigh less then 200 lbs I would run 175 cross back if driver weights more I'd run 200 springs cross the back too the scaling part I always scale with driver in car cuz I wanna scale it how it gonna be raced with driver I would go no more then 57.5 rear and left I run 53.5 I run only 25lbs of left rear bite if u raise the wedge up a real lot it will help on the heavy but it will be horrible on dry slick good luck racing hope yall get it running good
    Im guessing since 2011 when the last post to now this guy has figured it out or moved on!

lololololololololololol
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.