Thread: carb ?

Default carb ?

when i go into the turn and let off then get back on the gas it doesnt do anything. no rev or anything for 2 or 3 seconds then picks back up and goes. Whats the most likel culpret? Fuel pump? Fuel filter or float level? Car is a toyota 3tc engine. elctric fuel pump inline filter holley 350 carb. never done this until this weekend. kinda makin me think either pump or filter. maybe somethin gettin stopped up.

I've had this problem from a low float. Have you got the car handling better, possibly faster in the corners? I had an old dirt car and when I got it to stick in the corners it started cutting out from the float being too low.JMO

Quote Originally Posted by timmy20t1 View Post
    when i go into the turn and let off then get back on the gas it doesnt do anything. no rev or anything for 2 or 3 seconds then picks back up and goes. Whats the most likel culpret? Fuel pump? Fuel filter or float level? Car is a toyota 3tc engine. elctric fuel pump inline filter holley 350 carb. never done this until this weekend. kinda makin me think either pump or filter. maybe somethin gettin stopped up.
    accelerator pump on carb could be the problem!!

i agree. accelerator pump. pull the filter off of the carburetor, look down the barrels. blip the throttle. car doesnt need to be on and see if you get a good shot of fuel. is the arm still unter the accelerator pump on the carb? sometimes you can forget to put it under there if you take the fuel bowl off. is the pump cam still on the throttle? they can fall off. could be lots of things kinda.

got the carb fixed today didnt take long to see what was wrong the booster came out and was layin in the throat of the carb. Also put a rebuild kit in the carb. pretty sure the booster was the problem tho..

How lucky is that?!

oh man. ive had that happen too. it actually broke. glad it didnt hang the throttle open. although i did win a race with the throttle wide open once. turned the car of and on with the swithch for about ten or so laps. my other hand was cramped to the steering wheel so hard that i could barely get it off of the steering wheel.

it broke all the way off the flared end was still in the carb. i raced about the last 6 laps of a race with the return spring off and got 2nd and almost won.