Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Results??

Default Rome Results??

Anybody heard anything car count,who's on pole and who won?
    If it slings dirt and goes sideways & fast I like it......

All I know is Michael Page won super late model.

lots of cars and a boat load of people. two cars went on there top won in late model feature other in cant remember what class.

Greg Ledford got upside down in super bomber he was ok.

SLM
    1.Page
    2?
    3.Aaron Ridley

I'm on vacation up north or I would tell you the results

Default Limited late winner

congrats to Jason Williams and the american pie team on first rome win !!!!

18 Page
    99 Derek Ellis
    81 Ridley

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    lots of cars and a boat load of people. two cars went on there top won in late model feature other in cant remember what class.
    The 13 in super latemodel got upside down and the 15 in super bomber was upside down.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Interesting Side Note: Following the Super Late Model Feature, I was walking through the pit area and found a group of folks around Page's pit area/car. Rome's Tech man was also present. When I stopped by to see what the pow-wow was about I was told Page's car was found to be running an illegal spoiler height, and a protest was trying to be issued. Rome Tech (Ernie) refused to disqualify him. Ernie was present when we all seen the spoiler height measured and it was found to be at 9". Max legal is 8" for those who do not know. When asked why Page's car wasn't going to be disqualified, Ernie replied "I'm sure I could find something illegal on the car of the ones protesting, if he looked hard enough and could disqualify them too." Exactly when did this whole local track racing deal become nothing short of "The Good Ole Boy's Club". The protest was then taken to the higher beings at Rome. They stated that they would not over rule Ernie, because it was a visual protest issue. Those type of protests are only valid if they are presented prior to the actual feature race. WTF! I see people promoting everyone to support their local track, but would you really want to support this kind of crap. The only reason I bring this issue up is because when I arrived earlier in the day and was making my way around through the pits, I heard several drivers mention that when they had teched their cars they had to lower their spoilers down to the 8 inches or not be allowed to run. If you are going to tech at the start, then you need to do everyone justice by completing the tech efforts throughout the rest of the race event. Knowing what I know now...if I were a driver, I would not be back to Rome Speedway unless it is a touring series event. Not to say the series are perfect, but at least they do adequate teching throughout the event and I would hope a protest like this would have been handled differently. Hard to believe that Page's team didn't know their spoiler was too high, since they should have been made to set it at 8 inches during the pre-race tech session. He is also a regular racer at Rome, so I know they know the rules. I guess his teams also smart enough to know that the rules only apply when the track deems it necessary or towards specific drivers!!! To Ernie and Rome Speedway grow yourself a set and have the rules apply equally to everybody! To the Page Team, Congrat's on proving that it can still pay to cheat. $2,000 worth anyway...
    Last edited by TennesseOutlaw67; 07-04-2011 at 02:31 PM.

I have never been to a racetrack where a visual was accepted after the race. In ALL rulebooks i have read, they all state that a visual protest must be before the race and not after.

The only way a spoiler can be protested after the the race if it is tied to a motor rule.

1inch did not out run them his is just having a good year and that boy can get around that bottom when no one can congrats on your win . as long as they are talking about you you are doing something right

Cool

Thank you Sideways77, my team worked very hard to get that car back together after the junk that happened in heat race that bent a spindle,broke a shock mount and shock,not to mention the front bumper trashed and brand new right rear that was flat b4 l could get back to my pit. I honestly still cant believe we overcame that much to go out and win the race. I would like to say thank you Oliver for a great race,wouldnt expect anything less from a vetran racer that l been watching for so many years and am finally getting to race,and I hate Jason Smith and Don Jenkins lost motors last night, wish they were in the mix at the end too.See you guys in two weeks! As a side note Doug Stevens will not be racing crate car until after Million Dallor Legend Race in 4 weeks. He is just to busy working on winning that race, after that David Ragan will be driving the crate car at Carolina Speedway Aug 9th then Doug will be back in the seat! Also very posible David will be in one of my car for Prelude to the Dream next year with Roush Yates powerplant if everything works out!

Possum Kingdom, South Greenville, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by LH17 View Post
    1inch did not out run them his is just having a good year and that boy can get around that bottom when no one can congrats on your win . as long as they are talking about you you are doing something right
    1 Inch can make a huge difference actually.

I'm curious about this though.

1. Did the tech man tech the car prior to the race like he did others? If he did and it was wrong, it should have been changed.

2. What was the result if he did? Running an illegal spoiler or changing a legal one out after tech is blatant disregard of the rules.

3. Did he measure the spoiler after the race? Because if he did, why? Why if the rules say no visual protest after the race did the teching go on knowing the protest was void. Doesn't that open the door for a world of stink as we see now?

4. Does the tech man have the right to inspect a car anytime he deems fit? I would think so, and IF so, knowing it was an inch to high after #3 happened, isn't the only honest thing to do is to DQ the car that is illegal.

It's kind of the tech man's responsibility to keep it in line. Plus, the track should take all measures to insure equality throughout the field. Just from what I see, it doesn't look to fair or honest.

Quote Originally Posted by thinker View Post
    The only way a spoiler can be protested after the the race if it is tied to a motor rule.
    This doesent make sence, Whos to say you dont change it after tech. If it went thru tech and was right it should go thru tech after and be right.

This is a very stupid coment.

With that thinking might as well let them all be 100lbs. light. Rules are rules sounds like the 99 got a raw deal.

i would put on a 12 inch spoiler right before the feature and run it because they are not gonna throw you out afterwards. you guys that race dixie and rome need to remeber that.

Default page spoiler

What a bunch of little girls all ya'll sound like!!!!
    The Boy is just simply a cut above you, I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but i couldn't be @ rome so I bet $10,000 Michael would win!!!!!
    He has (1) of the smallest motors @ these (2) tracks, over 10 Yrs old ,
    & a very old car.
    Just goes to show you,Jack Rucker Power (74) year old Man & A naturally talented driver, like Curtis Turner, Tim Richmond, Dale Earnhart SR.,etal will do well most of the time!!!!
    BTW I cant believe Page would "Cheat" in a way that is so easy to find!!!
    Get over this & if your gonna Race Michael Page get used to Finishin behind Him.
    Nuff said, Have a nice day Ya'll,Smokey