Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rome Results??

Quote Originally Posted by smokey power View Post
    What a bunch of little girls all ya'll sound like!!!!
    The Boy is just simply a cut above you, I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but i couldn't be @ rome so I bet $10,000 Michael would win!!!!!
    He has (1) of the smallest motors @ these (2) tracks, over 10 Yrs old ,
    & a very old car.
    Just goes to show you,Jack Rucker Power (74) year old Man & A naturally talented driver, like Curtis Turner, Tim Richmond, Dale Earnhart SR.,etal will do well most of the time!!!!
    BTW I cant believe Page would "Cheat" in a way that is so easy to find!!!
    Get over this & if your gonna Race Michael Page get used to Finishin behind Him.
    Nuff said, Have a nice day Ya'll,Smokey
    All i will say is the time is coming real soon to see if he is that GOOD! And if he is that good play with the DOWGS and prove it its that simple. I think he has been good this year. But the truth is had that race last night spoiler or not been more than 30 laps he was in trouble.

Right is right and wrong is wrong it makes no difference how old his stuff is. If he didn't think it was an advantage he wouldn't do it.

smokey you have got to be the biggest f/';[[;g idiot on this board , i have read alot of dumb sh/t you have wrote and you are just plain stupid.

Bet $10,000 is this the same guy that ran out of money and couldn't race lol

Quote Originally Posted by greenison View Post
    This doesent make sence, Whos to say you dont change it after tech. If it went thru tech and was right it should go thru tech after and be right.
    He is referring to rules that dictate a different spoiler height for different CU IN or 602 or 604 or etc. Making a visual protest before the race has always been a rule.If they won't throw someone out for the spoiler being too high , then go home and get a bigger one.See if you can get by with it.

Default $10,000 bet

Quote Originally Posted by dirtballer10 View Post
    Bet $10,000 is this the same guy that ran out of money and couldn't race lol
    Guess I might not seem so dumb had I published the bet rules!!! however I sorta like for People to think I,M totally Stupid instead of just Naive!!!!

If it's a 9 inch spoiler and the rule is 8 inches, you DQ the guy, or lose credibility, bottom line. All the crap about being an old car, small motor is just that, crap. he's either legal or he's not.

Maybe the guy that bet 10 grand can bet next time on whether this car is protested before the next race. i'd say it's a SURE THING that other drivers make sure the spoiler is 8 inches next time.

And now that word is out, the drivers at other tracks besides Rome will have his car checked over before a race as well. Word travels fast on the internet now and I'd expect this car to be gone over with a fine toothed comb the next time it rolls into a race track.

Thumbs down Cheating is stealing, plain and simple. If you knowingly cheat you are a thief.

First, one inch on the spoiler makes a difference, especially at a high speed track like Rome.

Second, they use to tech the spoiler height after the feature I know, at least at Dixie.

Third, visual protest have always been only valid before the race, NOT after.

Fourth, if the car was tech'd legal before the race and then changed prior to the feature that is a flagrant rule violation and should be monitored in future so he doesn't continue to have an illegal advantage.

Fifth, right is right and wrong is wrong. Running excessive spoiler height is illegal.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Quote Originally Posted by IceCowart View Post
    All i will say is the time is coming real soon to see if he is that GOOD! And if he is that good play with the DOWGS and prove it its that simple. I think he has been good this year. But the truth is had that race last night spoiler or not been more than 30 laps he was in trouble.
    If if if if if.If they had cut that inch off ,he would have still won,but to be fair about it , if his spoiler is too tall, they need to make him change it. I'm sure that will be the first thing checked at Dixie next week. Ernie had to let that go because of the visual protest rule,but he won't let it slide again, and if he does ,raise your up.

The visual protest rule is dumb...What kind of crap is it that you can protect a guy before a race but not after....That's just plan back woods dumb or lazy..Not sure which one it is, but it should be changed.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Bring him back on the 17th and find out if he is really that good? Oh and you can bet the house it will be 8 I will back you on that.Better yet on the 14th bring it to North Ga find out if just a 2 track driver? Bottom line wrong is wrong!!!! Im over it the track want have a say in the rules on the 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by 99plummer View Post
    The visual protest rule is dumb...What kind of crap is it that you can protect a guy before a race but not after....That's just plan back woods dumb or lazy..Not sure which one it is, but it should be changed.
    Its not just a Dixie/Rome deal its that way at every track or sanction I know of. Usually spoiler height is rechecked after the feature, I don't know why they didn't or don't this time at Rome...

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Quote Originally Posted by F22 RAPTOR View Post
    Its not just a Dixie/Rome deal its that way at every track or sanction I know of. Usually spoiler height is rechecked after the feature, I don't know why they didn't or don't this time at Rome...
    That my be , But it still don't make it rite...It just depends on were your at in the country , I have raced at plenty of other tracks that you were aloud to do visual protest after the race just like any other protest...But it's there ball park. You play by there rules.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseOutlaw67 View Post
    Interesting Side Note: Following the Super Late Model Feature, I was walking through the pit area and found a group of folks around Page's pit area/car. Rome's Tech man was also present. When I stopped by to see what the pow-wow was about I was told Page's car was found to be running an illegal spoiler height, and a protest was trying to be issued. Rome Tech (Ernie) refused to disqualify him. Ernie was present when we all seen the spoiler height measured and it was found to be at 9". Max legal is 8" for those who do not know. When asked why Page's car wasn't going to be disqualified, Ernie replied "I'm sure I could find something illegal on the car of the ones protesting, if he looked hard enough and could disqualify them too." Exactly when did this whole local track racing deal become nothing short of "The Good Ole Boy's Club". The protest was then taken to the higher beings at Rome. They stated that they would not over rule Ernie, because it was a visual protest issue. Those type of protests are only valid if they are presented prior to the actual feature race. WTF! I see people promoting everyone to support their local track, but would you really want to support this kind of crap. The only reason I bring this issue up is because when I arrived earlier in the day and was making my way around through the pits, I heard several drivers mention that when they had teched their cars they had to lower their spoilers down to the 8 inches or not be allowed to run. If you are going to tech at the start, then you need to do everyone justice by completing the tech efforts throughout the rest of the race event. Knowing what I know now...if I were a driver, I would not be back to Rome Speedway unless it is a touring series event. Not to say the series are perfect, but at least they do adequate teching throughout the event and I would hope a protest like this would have been handled differently. Hard to believe that Page's team didn't know their spoiler was too high, since they should have been made to set it at 8 inches during the pre-race tech session. He is also a regular racer at Rome, so I know they know the rules. I guess his teams also smart enough to know that the rules only apply when the track deems it necessary or towards specific drivers!!! To Ernie and Rome Speedway grow yourself a set and have the rules apply equally to everybody! To the Page Team, Congrat's on proving that it can still pay to cheat. $2,000 worth anyway...

I promise its not a one inch lip on a spoiler that out run your guy. Some people runn out of talent Michael Page has finally got some good equipment and he's showing what he can do. I work on that 18x everyweek and we are legal everywhere in the rule book. Denial is the first step.. acceptance is soon to come.

Default shoulda seen it coming..

Michael Page has more talent than any driver out there... those big expensive motors can't drive a car for you. I can assure the spoiler has been like that all year. There are few drivers out there that are born to do what they do and some just wish they could. Michael is committed to run dixie and rome this year for points so you'll have another chance to race him but you better not wreck him.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by brannongray View Post
    I promise its not a one inch lip on a spoiler that out run your guy. Some people runn out of talent Michael Page has finally got some good equipment and he's showing what he can do. I work on that 18x everyweek and we are legal everywhere in the rule book. Denial is the first step.. acceptance is soon to come.
    Just because its been that way all year doesn't make it legal. This coming week will tell the tale, if that spoiler isn't fixed be prepared to do some trimming.

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

And when he spanks that a$$ I don't wanna hear y'all cry about it no more.

Default what DOWGS

Quote Originally Posted by IceCowart View Post
    I'M wondering what drivers you think Michael Page can't compete with? All the knowles were there @ Rome The best from Dixie were there! Clanton& Clint can probably beat him, but I think Clanton would have to have a "blocker" or wreck him to beat him!!!! I'M sorry That when I stick up for someone its like the "Kiss of Death" but we all know the pages have a way of dealing with "dirty" driving,& I'M bettin if someone takes Michael out, People,including myself,will have him what he needs to comtinue towards his goal!!!!

Default dumb,stupid,plain

Quote Originally Posted by ga racer View Post
    smokey you have got to be the biggest f/';[[;g idiot on this board , i have read alot of dumb sh/t you have wrote and you are just plain stupid.
    Just wondering which of my total (16) posts offends you the most!!! I just finished scanning over (100) of your posts & I'M convinced you don't have much good to say about anyone or anything, so I'M not going to give your opinion of me much credence!!!! BTW if you ever get tired of living such a useless & boring life I'll set you up an appt. with my "Shrink", she will RX you some "I don't give a dang" drugs,& you can sit round & be stupid& rich,like me!!!! I would like to speak with you on phone,but i hesitate to give you my # first,until I make sure your not Psychotic, Have a nice day,Sir,Smokey

so clanton would have to wreck this guy to beat him(really). man you are ignorant as hell and bet this mike page wishes you would shut the f//;/k up about him, cause the poeple that actually liked him before this most likely dont now and the ones that dont know him will never like him because of you.