Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rome Results??

Default Big moe

Quote Originally Posted by smokey power View Post
    stevo, Michael Page drove for me all last year,& most of the season we ran a 110% legal SAS Spec motor, I can't remember all the times the pages & I tried To get Dixie & Rome tech to give us a weight break like every other track in Ga.,Alabama,Miss, & Tenn.,or let me run methanol, like SAS & More series, Never even got a MAYBE!!!
    I,m not angry!!! but I'M curious who you think The pages own!!!! Feel free to P/M me.
    I swear I will tell no one. Thanks, Smokey
    What people don't realize is that a drivers confidence will do more good than any part you can buy.Michael spent last year trying to decide what he needed.He had good finishes but wasn't consistent.Over the winter he got a good engine combination(Thanks to Gentleman Jack) , and a good chassis under him. After that first win this year he took off.And every pole ,and every win makes him that much stronger.He aint cheatin ,he's got "BIG MOE" . For those who don't know,that's MOMENTUM.That's hard to beat.He still needs to work hard , because it goes as quickly as it comes.

Most everything I say on here is tongue in cheek and my heart is always in the right place when it comes to dirt track racing. I remember that Michael Page making the National 100 one year and worrying about his fuel cell being big enough. I remember how thrilled he was to make the show. Thats a good hardworking fellow right there and I will put my money on him making the Lucas events if he has a Clements motor. Thats a stout horse right there. The Page family are good people! I say the same for Derek Ellis too! Good hard working fellow too! What I really hope is that everyone does not miss the magic of the moment! We have a Dixie Speedway hotshoe and a North Georgia Speedway hotshoe racing the hell out of each other at Rome Speedway. I smell a classic rivalry brewing! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT! Local racing needs this! If this plays out right we have some serious racing to watch and be a part of. July 17th is it? I'll be there!
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Quote Originally Posted by smokey power View Post
    I'M of the opinion you are a good person!! When I compared Michael to those 3 past greats, I'M 69 yrs. old& I worked with Curtis Turner's crew chief,James(Gus) Davis in the 60's, I could tell you so many stories about Curtis, you would be rolling on the floor laughing!!!!! I had the pleasure of Michael Page driving for me last season in my S5 cars, I had the chance to meet the whole "all american" Page family, I didn't party with them cause I am a recovering alcoholic & try to spend time with my wonderful family. I only meant to express my opinion that Michael Page has a ton of natural talent, like POPS, Tim Richmond,& Dale Earnhart,Sr. Not that I was condoning the spoiler thing!!!! I don't know Derek Ellis well,however I think If he was leading & Page was#2 He would have" made his car quite wide" thats racing!!! Private Message me on this site if you'd like. Thanks again,Smokey
    You are a good man Smokey with an appreciation for the old school! If anybody ever parked next to you in the pits they would know! Another party is starting in about five minutes!

Default Thanks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADCAPRACING22 View Post
    You are a good man Smokey with an appreciation for the old school! If anybody ever parked next to you in the pits they would know! Another party is starting in about five minutes!
    I think I teared up a bit after reading your post,CAP, I can't believe this orig. post got
    so much Ink!!!! I Think after Your's, That is the best thing I've heard!!! I am "old school" and will probably be like that when they close the lid on the pine box!!!!
    The very Idea of a Rival Tween these two Would sell a bunch of Tickets, however I've spent so much time on this post I've not been able to find out Why you & the Ellis Family are being "LEANED" on in Tech? Do you know????? Some feel its a Track Promoter issue? IF That is part of the equation, we would have find a "0" factor Track & that would be a real Task!!!!! Probably way over my level of "smarts"!!!! also I'M not a member of either of these camps "Brain Trusts" this year, so I am sure of only 1 thing, Page needs to win this points thing @ Dixie/Rome THIS YEAR!!!!! Thanks again for helping to clear up some of the misconceptions bout ME, And I'M lookin forward to seein you. I'M 69 yoa & gettin real senile real fast,so if we've meant before I've forgotten,so come over to my pits sometime and we'll swap afew lies!!! better yet,P/M me & I'll give you my #, Smokey

Default 1 correction

Quote Originally Posted by MADCAPRACING22 View Post
    Most everything I say on here is tongue in cheek and my heart is always in the right place when it comes to dirt track racing. I remember that Michael Page making the National 100 one year and worrying about his fuel cell being big enough. I remember how thrilled he was to make the show. Thats a good hardworking fellow right there and I will put my money on him making the Lucas events if he has a Clements motor. Thats a stout horse right there. The Page family are good people! I say the same for Derek Ellis too! Good hard working fellow too! What I really hope is that everyone does not miss the magic of the moment! We have a Dixie Speedway hotshoe and a North Georgia Speedway hotshoe racing the hell out of each other at Rome Speedway. I smell a classic rivalry brewing! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT! Local racing needs this! If this plays out right we have some serious racing to watch and be a part of. July 17th is it? I'll be there!
    Michael Page has a "Gentleman Jack Rucker" motor this year & For what its worth I truly believe Jack Is better for this application Than Tony Clements, And you & I know Thats sayin a MOUTHFUL!!! Smokey

I don't want to overstate the tech. thing too much. It just is what it is. I still love Dixie and Rome! I grew up at those tracks every weekend and West Atlanta. The Swims are icons in Dirt Racing and I think the world of them, but their tech. department WILL PLAY FAVORITES at the scales and with a tape measure!

I know this question is a little late but who the hell is Ernie the only tech man I ever talk to is Tim do they have two just wondering.

Red face ernie

Ernie happens to be the other tech man at rome and dixie i thought you raced down their at dixie and rome !
    race race race

Are y'all sure his spoiler itself was 9 inches. Because DRS measures the lip as well. And one inch didnt win that race. He flat outran those boys. Jmo

We do that is a new one on me I always talk to Tim I learn something new every day LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    We do that is a new one on me I always talk to Tim I learn something new every day LOL
    He's about 5'-7" tall with red hair and a yellow shirt.He is over by the scales most of the time.

I'm sorry, but I'm working on very little sleep. But isn't an 8 inch spoiler about 4 square feet of material? I may be off but I think a spoiler is 72 inches long. So if you add an inch to it you've around another 1/2 a square foot. No?

Does it help? Of course it does. Were the guys that built the spoiler unable to read a tape? Maybe. Did it help him win the race? Dunno. Does he think it helps the car? I think so.

Anyway, it is what it is. I don't know the guy, wish him a good season. I just like for people to understand these cars are more sophisticated than we play at.

Default good show old chap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm working on very little sleep. But isn't an 8 inch spoiler about 4 square feet of material? I may be off but I think a spoiler is 72 inches long. So if you add an inch to it you've around another 1/2 a square foot. No?

Does it help? Of course it does. Were the guys that built the spoiler unable to read a tape? Maybe. Did it help him win the race? Dunno. Does he think it helps the car? I think so.

Anyway, it is what it is. I don't know the guy, wish him a good season. I just like for people to understand these cars are more sophisticated than we play at.
    By jove,Watson I believe you've figured it all out!!!! do you mean these Southern Dirt track racers,I'm sure most think they are products of "incest" might Have learned how to use aerodynamics to make their racing cars go better!! NAH, They probably had the first inch of their measuring stick wore off as a result of picking their noses with the 1 inch end .Thanks for the tip,Sherlock Smokey
    Last edited by smokey power; 07-08-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: need clarification

Quote Originally Posted by 73rocket View Post
    This is funny right here. This may be better than Larry the cable guy himself. Just for you who dont know lm pretty sure that when the man that owns Clantons car and the motor in Pages car, and pages car is being supported out of SAE that makes you team mates. In the end no matter what, lets just stop making ourselves and tracks look bad with all this junk on here and go to work in the shop to make your cars faster for next week. Actions speak louder than words.I dont get on here much because l cant find the time for working in the shop but l do know this,if there is a prob take it up with that person instead of on here and it will go much further in getting you somewhere and better represent our sport instead of all this he said she said finger pointing name calling. It makes us all look bad. In no way am l trying to take a stab at anyone here but lets go to work on race cars instead of worrying bout what everyone else is doing.What comes around goes around, if we worry bout ourselves then the rest will take care of itself.
    You need to stay out of that shop some and learn to drive. Next time use that brake pedal and not dive bomb someone going into the turn like you did at Dixie Saturday night. It was the 3rd or 4th lap of a 25 lap race. There was no reason for you to go off in the turn and take someone out like that. You would have got around him by being patient. And that wasn't the only time you hit somone that night either. You are lucky you didn't take an ass whooping that night!

Quote Originally Posted by alan65313 View Post
    You need to stay out of that shop some and learn to drive. Next time use that brake pedal and not dive bomb someone going into the turn like you did at Dixie Saturday night. It was the 3rd or 4th lap of a 25 lap race. There was no reason for you to go off in the turn and take someone out like that. You would have got around him by being patient. And that wasn't the only time you hit somone that night either. You are lucky you didn't take an ass whooping that night!

Now that's funny, you telling someone to be patient. And when a driver has you on the inside up to your door they have the line. I get so tired of drivers whining and crying over crap. If the man put you in the wall and totaled your car then I could see you having a fit and wanting to have your say. I guess when the shoe is on the other foot you don't have a problem with it.