Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sounds like Chris Nunn likes to start trouble! People only bash people they are jealous of. I was there watched the whole thing Allen was hit in the rear hard by Poel then Poel finished him off after that. The call was right so give it up. Don't be haten.

Cool OK

If everybody got this thing figured out. Tell me why Nicks dad was standing on the front stretch throwing his hands in the air looking at the tower yelling on his radio threatening to quit ( heard it on my scanner ) ? So whats up with that ? Nick was already sideways in turn one when he got tap . You can see the favoritism at the hill, why not your dad works there. I myself was sitting on the front stretch, I personally think that #82 Joel got the best one of his life . Hey I guess you have to help out the points leader ( track helps son ) anyway you can. Whats next ? Lets watch and see, something will happen again this season. Just my opinion, even through I think I'm right. Good luck Nick ,you do it without the help.
    *4m.net - " Next Best Thing To Dirt Track Racing " *

Quote Originally Posted by modsrule21 View Post
    Really? Maybe he should drive two hours to Lasalle and race against those 14 cars. Or maybe he should drive two hours to Fairbury. Any other braniac ideas? They must be giving diesel away where you live. They live 15 minutes from the track with 30+ cars every Saturday. Evidentally against some decent competition. You can usually check the Kankakee results and see 4-6 guys in the show there. Maybe you should get on UMP website and see where all Nick has raced this season. Shadyhill rained out the first 5 weeks and he was still around top 10.

HMMM. Let me guess. His grandpa owns Brownstown, his uncle sponsors Lincoln, and more relation at Kankakee. His dad has worked at the track for more than the just the past couple years. But now that the team has been a front runner in the national points this becomes an issue. The tower make the calls not the two officials or the goofy a$$ flagmen. I agree that the call was questionable but not the worst that I have ever seen from a race track by far. Give credit where credit is due. Nick is a talented driver and usually runs well wherever they go but only an idiot would pack up and drive two hours away to race when you have a track 15 minutes away with a better car count than any other tracks.

And Nathan you should really get a life. You get on here week after week bashing the hill and the calls they make. Then go to a different track, isn't Lasalle closer to Crown Point anyways. You did the same thing with Kamp til they closed. But now you wish someone else would open it back up. Why would they? So you and all the other people that know everything about running a track can run it in the ground. Buy your own track, open it and see how successful you are when someone like you gets on a forum and runs it completely down every week.
    Nick wont race at Fairbury because he knows that he will get his azz handed to him every week!

Quote Originally Posted by IN THE KNOW View Post
    Nick wont race at Fairbury because he knows that he will get his azz handed to him every week!
    Is this necessary? He raced at Fairbury earlier this year. Shadyhill is 15 minutes from home... Diesel fuel isnt cheap these days.
    CLICK HERE to see how you can win a turn key Rocket XR1!

Quote Originally Posted by IN THE KNOW View Post
    Hahaha. All the guys that race at Fairbury; Nick has beat the all many time over his young career. The same could be said if some of the Fairbury driver came to shadyhill and race. Anyone can be beat on any given night
    Nathan Stephens -
    you know me as either - nathans101 or nathans1012
    new computer and new screen name and password for 4M.net

Midwest Dirt Racing (covering tracks across the U.S)
    Added a new Page: Late Model Touring Schedules
    www.midwestdirtracing.webs.com

2011 Race Count
    Brownstown Speedway - 1
    Fairbury American Legion Speedway - 1
    Hartford Motor Speedway - 1
    Illiana Motor Speedway - 2
    Kankakee County Speedway - 5
    Shadyhill Speedway - 2
    Total # of Races in 2011 - 12

[QUOTE=dirtfarmer;1402460]Sounds like Chris Nunn likes to start trouble! People only bash people they are jealous of. I was there watched the whole thing Allen was hit in the rear hard by Poel then Poel finished him off after that. The call was right so give it up. Don't be haten.[/QUOTE

And i watched the whole thing happen as well. Poel NEVER touched Nick. The only time he got him was AFTER Nick got sideways, Jake was a victim of circumstance who so happened to receive a pretty good hosejob.

And before I get accused of being a Nick Allen hater, its far from the truth, when he shows up, i know im going to get my moneys worth because he races his ass off every night. Hes a gasser for sure, and exciting to watch.
    Last edited by ChrisNunn; 07-09-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Did you see Nick's car? Wow! Got pictures! Back tore up from Hard hit going in curve and the back quarter panel from the "tap"tore up, I guess you didn't see that, from a "TAP". Wow! You don't know what your talking about. Who cares what Nick's Dad said, what happened did happen so mister hater that comes on here and says what he hears in the tower, you just make it worse so put your head back in your computer and shut up about it. Poel knows what he did so if he is such a good guy he needs to come on here and tell the truth. Hopefully he will have the guts to tell it and not lie. Don't know him but he needs to stop this stuff about Nick and playing favorites. You people sure don't know Nick, he races clean and if he was in the wrong he would of went back himself. He never talks about any driver. Never says a bad word about anyone, so keep crap to yourself.

Does anyone have a video of the incident?

When was the last time Allen spun on his own? I've seen him race at several tracks and I don't recall him ever spinning on his own. So one guy says Allen was hit going into the turn. That could explain how he got out of shape. If, and that's a big IF that's what happened it would explain why Allen's dad was so adamant that the other guy be dq'd.

It sounds like there were two questionable calls. The degree to which Poel should have been penalized, and whether or not Allen should have gotten his spot back. Since I can't recall ever seeing Allen spin on his own I'd be inclined to think he wouldn't have spun without being helped. I don't have a problem with him getting his spot back......as long as they are consistent and give other drivers their spot back when they're taken out. The one and only time I went to Shady Hill they were inconsistent on giving guys their spot back if someone took them out. I'd much rather see a track make a judgment call and give a guy his spot back if someone took him out than to put him in back. The key is to be consistent about it.
    As far as Poel, it really depends on if he hit Allen going into the turn, prior to finishing him off once he was loose. It does sound like they overreacted by dq'ing him.

Officials are human. They make mistakes. Sometimes it's just a mistake, sometimes it's home cookin, and I've seen it to some degree at every track so don't go saying it doesn't happen at your track!

There's a reason some promoters don't want the people working at the track to post on these forums. What happens in the tower, stays in the tower!

In the overall scheme of things the decisions by the officials that night won't have an effect on Allen running for the championship. They only count the top 25 finishes so that 6th place won't come into play.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

dirtfarmer, i'm not sure if it's possible for someone to misunderstand a post more than you misundrestand nunn's posts about this subject. please read again and pay attention. my opinion is that hardly anything is worse than favoritism at the (any) race track. and do you realize that when you say "quarterpanel", you're talking about a thin sheet of aluminum held in place with more aluminum?
    pops, jmo but i would rather hear the truth come out regardless of the source, be it the tower or where ever. this ain't vegas.
    would like to add that i don't know allen and have nothing against him.
    Last edited by shoebox; 07-09-2011 at 12:05 AM.

[QUOTE=Pops15;1402750] "Since I can't recall ever seeing Allen spin on his own I'd be inclined to think he wouldn't have spun without being helped."
    Did you really post this? Your a complet idiot, anyone can spin by themselves on any given night! alot of factors of the track and the tire selection come into play, hard or soft tire. with that being said i have seen where the big dogs spin on their own. Im not an allen hater. i just dont think its right that he got his spot back, if anyone should have poel should have.

What a great thread Thanks to all, that have posted in it.