Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by btsherman View Post
    Did anybody else think Jake Poel getting penalized for spinning Allen was really questionable? I thought he got screwed on that deal.
    Nick was already loose but Jake Poel finish him off. Believe me I was down in turn one in the stands and saw it up close. Jake had a bumper on him but they shouldn't have black flaged him. It would have been just as easy to send him to the back of the pack and let Jake work his way back up through the field. I don't beleive Jake did that intentionally. Nick slid up in front of him going into turn 1 and that could have very well messed him up and probably couldn't get on the breaks fast enough. Screwing with drivers is something that track is known for doing. I think the 2 orns boys atop the flag stand need to take a few classes on flaging and learn on how to flag at a race track. It is nothing new to me and many others at that track to see stupid calls.
    Nathan Stephens -
    you know me as either - nathans101 or nathans1012
    new computer and new screen name and password for 4M.net

Midwest Dirt Racing (covering tracks across the U.S)
    Added a new Page: Late Model Touring Schedules
    www.midwestdirtracing.webs.com

2011 Race Count
    Brownstown Speedway - 1
    Fairbury American Legion Speedway - 1
    Hartford Motor Speedway - 1
    Illiana Motor Speedway - 2
    Kankakee County Speedway - 5
    Shadyhill Speedway - 2
    Total # of Races in 2011 - 12

I don't usually comment on stuff like this but... Jake Poel got jobbed. If it was a judgement call on who caused the accident, it was most certainly questionable. The 82 got alongside the 21 on the outside so the 21 moved up to the high side to take the line away (nothing wrong with that). But when he did that, he started to lose the tail of the car a little. Poel, probably surprised that the 21 suddenly went from the bottom to the top, couldn't get on the binders in time and finished him off.

It would have been one thing if they had ruled the 82 of Poel caused the accident. Again, judgement calls are questionable anyway, but if that was the call Poel should have simply been sent to the tail. However, to deem that Poel INTENTIONALLY took out Allen and to have Poel black flagged...?? There were a lot of folks questioning that call around the area in which I was sitting. Personally, I've been to 31 races at 12 tracks this season...that was easily the worst call I've seen in 2011.

Very, very poor decision-making tonight at Shadyhill. It was my first trip and I left disappointed.
    Last edited by DustinJ14; 07-05-2011 at 01:55 PM.

I heard that they said in the drivers meeting that the only way a car could get his spot back after spinning out, was if they black flagged the car that "caused the yellow".
    In my honest opinion, I think that Poel never touched him until he was already clear sideways and he was trying to go around him on the outside to avoid him. I also think that if Nick Allen would have won the race there may have been a riot and definately a lot of boo-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by btsherman View Post
    I heard that they said in the drivers meeting that the only way a car could get his spot back after spinning out, was if they black flagged the car that "caused the yellow".
    In my honest opinion, I think that Poel never touched him until he was already clear sideways and he was trying to go around him on the outside to avoid him. I also think that if Nick Allen would have won the race there may have been a riot and definately a lot of boo-ing.
    As much as I would like to say something more about this I know if I did someone would blow it up more then it should be. That track needs some better help. If they think that warrented using the black flag I must be loosing my mind. THAT TRACKS IS STARTING TO BECOME A JOKE AND 9/10'S OF THE DRIVERS IN THE PIT AREA WILL SAY SO AS WELL. This call made agains Jacob Poel was JUST PLAIN STUPID. Either the folks at the track are blind or they need some better glasses. I had a bad feeling some stupid call was going to happen last night and they didn't fail. It did happen and I can say I not supprised at all. < Happens d@mn near every week. If you weren't there don't get mad with what I said PLEASE. This is the truth and drivers that have raced there in the past will tell you the same thing I just did hear in this post.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Track Personal That Made That Call Should Be Ashamed Of Them Selves For Making The Few Good Folks That Work There As Well Look Bad!
    BAD CALL PERIOD!
    Nathan Stephens -

2011 Race Count
    Brownstown Speedway - 1
    Shadyhill Speedway - 2

Nick lost it on his own ,no way Poel could keep from hitting him. If they knew this was the rule in the drivers meeting, Why did it take so long to finally make the call ,they must have went 10 laps ,before they made the call . How could they call that intentional ,No driver is that stupid to spin a guy out that early ,when he's on the move to the front. I saw Roundtree in the stock class get spun ,when the guy got in to him and never lift ,Roundtree had to go to the back, nobody got black flagged. I guess the guys making the calls are mind readers ,and can tell when its intentional. I dont know either of the Mod guys , I just know what I seen on the track .

Just ask any of the michigan guys that Jake races with every week.... He's a very clean driver. I wasn't there, but i'm just saying... Doesn't sound like something he would do intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyracing View Post
    Mr Nunn, nice story on the "Firecracker 50" But you forgot to mention how after Allen spun BY HIMSELF and Poel got into him, that Nick Allen stopped on the track, and a Track Official pulled all the sheetmetal away from the tire. thank you for putting these results up for everyone.

I do not know either of these guys, but POEL GOT SCREWED! This all just confirmed the horror story's that I have heard about "The Hill"
    Until there is a new person in charge at Shadyhill you will likely keep hearing these stories. Most people I know call the track "Shady" hill or "Sh!ttyhill for a reason. The favortism is an extreme joke there and now the folks in attendance understand what I keep saying here on 4m.net about stupid and bad calls! The racing is good there but the stupid & bad calls are uncalled for.
    Nathan Stephens -

2011 Race Count
    Brownstown Speedway - 1
    Shadyhill Speedway - 2

I have to stay objective in write ups. But we all know what took place, it was wrong
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

hopefully the ump tech guy saw it and will get ump to make a rule that you cant get points from a track that your family helps make calls at. National championship is over if they let him race at that place. just look at the results he has won 3 of 4 of the regular shows and i was told he was in the lead when he hit the wall and couldn't finish the race he didnt win. I see they average about 35 mods a night and i cant name a track that gets that many mods and the same driver has won the first 4 of 4 races. I know he didnt win 1 of them but from what i was told he would have if he didnt hit the wall. WOW WHAT A JOKE and Nick if you are that good you should be able to win the championship not racing there.

Chris Nunn, I apologize for hi-jacking your post, and I do appreciate you putting these updates on here. I hope this doesn't stop future posting.

As for Shadyhill Speedway, I am glad I just went watch, and that is seven hours of my life thrown into the trough that I was p!ssing into in the Mens room.

it's easy to get help when you are about to spin out when it's a one lane race track and everyone is running nose to tail just waiting for a little mess up so they can stick their nose in there and get you out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB24F View Post
    it's easy to get help when you are about to spin out when it's a one lane race track and everyone is running nose to tail just waiting for a little mess up so they can stick their nose in there and get you out of the way.
    I dont think I saw a one lane track.. The 79d started last and ran anywhere he wanted on his way to 2nd there was 3 groves there and never touched a car.. Now early on Id agree the track was junk one lane on the bottom but from the consi's on it was pretty racy and smooth.. Keep complaining about the place and the mod class is gonna lose yet another big race..

Aunt beth Guest

Default Wow

Wow what bashing,,,, I guess you did NOT see the accident , Nor do you like Nick. He got hit going into the corner and I do see that it could be a accident but the second hit was very obvious that he wanted to finish him off The rule is if you take someone out your done !!! If any one knows Nick he would admit if he was going to loose it. If we knew that the track was playing favorites we would of went into the pits to change the flat tire that the lap car put us in the wall two weeks ago As far as us going to other tracks on saturday night this one is close to home with 30 plus cars.

Default The way I seen it

Who was at Shadyhill last night and saw the call that was made in favor of Nick Allen? What the heck? Nick was already sideways when the 82 Poel car tapped him, looked to me like Nick went in way to hot and the car came out from under him. You don't suppose the call had anything to do with Nick's dad being in the infield, do you? I see now why everyone talks about The Hill the way they do. Then they don't go back. In my own opinion, that call was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen in my racing days. And then to black flag him and send him to the pits, come on, afraid of a pay back? Okay, I give up, why don't we help Nick as much as we can, to get as many points needed to win the championship(National). Anyone could see there was no way he was going to win that last night, his car was way to loose. Just my opinion,

ps there you go Fuzzie
    *4m.net - " Next Best Thing To Dirt Track Racing " *

Quote Originally Posted by UMPStreetStock007 View Post
    Who was at Shadyhill last night and saw the call that was made in favor of Nick Allen? What the heck? Nick was already sideways when the 82 Poel car tapped him, looked to me like Nick went in way to hot and the car came out from under him. You don't suppose the call had anything to do with Nick's dad being in the infield, do you? I see now why everyone talks about The Hill the way they do. Then they don't go back. In my own opinion, that call was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen in my racing days. And then to black flag him and send him to the pits, come on, afraid of a pay back? Okay, I give up, why don't we help Nick as much as we can, to get as many points needed to win the championship(National). Anyone could see there was no way he was going to win that last night, his car was way to loose. Just my opinion,

ps there you go Fuzzie
    Nick's dad had nothing to do with the call I guarantee it. The flag men or one of the folks in the tower did! I saw the accident from start to end. Nick got lose and Poel finished him off and it was probably an accident on Poel's part.
    Nathan Stephens -

2011 Race Count
    Brownstown Speedway - 1
    Shadyhill Speedway - 2

I was sitting in turn 1 one as well, and IMO, Nick had 85% of that car spun all by himself
    Poel made effort to move up and by Nick to avoid contact. However, he clipped the right rear of the car as Nick spun counter-clockwise. It was clearly a no brainer. Poel should not have been penalized and Allen sent to the tail.

It was lap 7... surely more than enough time for Nick to get back to the front.
    FastLane Web Dezign - "Live Life in the FastLane"

Support your local weekly racing programs.

Quote Originally Posted by race fan of mods View Post
    hopefully the ump tech guy saw it and will get ump to make a rule that you cant get points from a track that your family helps make calls at. National championship is over if they let him race at that place. just look at the results he has won 3 of 4 of the regular shows and i was told he was in the lead when he hit the wall and couldn't finish the race he didnt win. I see they average about 35 mods a night and i cant name a track that gets that many mods and the same driver has won the first 4 of 4 races. I know he didnt win 1 of them but from what i was told he would have if he didnt hit the wall. WOW WHAT A JOKE and Nick if you are that good you should be able to win the championship not racing there.
    Really? Maybe he should drive two hours to Lasalle and race against those 14 cars. Or maybe he should drive two hours to Fairbury. Any other braniac ideas? They must be giving diesel away where you live. They live 15 minutes from the track with 30+ cars every Saturday. Evidentally against some decent competition. You can usually check the Kankakee results and see 4-6 guys in the show there. Maybe you should get on UMP website and see where all Nick has raced this season. Shadyhill rained out the first 5 weeks and he was still around top 10.

HMMM. Let me guess. His grandpa owns Brownstown, his uncle sponsors Lincoln, and more relation at Kankakee. His dad has worked at the track for more than the just the past couple years. But now that the team has been a front runner in the national points this becomes an issue. The tower make the calls not the two officials or the goofy a$$ flagmen. I agree that the call was questionable but not the worst that I have ever seen from a race track by far. Give credit where credit is due. Nick is a talented driver and usually runs well wherever they go but only an idiot would pack up and drive two hours away to race when you have a track 15 minutes away with a better car count than any other tracks.

And Nathan you should really get a life. You get on here week after week bashing the hill and the calls they make. Then go to a different track, isn't Lasalle closer to Crown Point anyways. You did the same thing with Kamp til they closed. But now you wish someone else would open it back up. Why would they? So you and all the other people that know everything about running a track can run it in the ground. Buy your own track, open it and see how successful you are when someone like you gets on a forum and runs it completely down every week.

Nick allens dad said over the radio that if poel wasn't black flagged he would quit right on the spot, the people in the tower seen the same thing we did. So take that for what its worth
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by modsrule21 View Post
    Really? Maybe he should drive two hours to Lasalle and race against those 14 cars. Or maybe he should drive two hours to Fairbury. Any other braniac ideas? They must be giving diesel away where you live. They live 15 minutes from the track with 30+ cars every Saturday. Evidentally against some decent competition. You can usually check the Kankakee results and see 4-6 guys in the show there. Maybe you should get on UMP website and see where all Nick has raced this season. Shadyhill rained out the first 5 weeks and he was still around top 10.

HMMM. Let me guess. His grandpa owns Brownstown, his uncle sponsors Lincoln, and more relation at Kankakee. His dad has worked at the track for more than the just the past couple years. But now that the team has been a front runner in the national points this becomes an issue. The tower make the calls not the two officials or the goofy a$$ flagmen. I agree that the call was questionable but not the worst that I have ever seen from a race track by far. Give credit where credit is due. Nick is a talented driver and usually runs well wherever they go but only an idiot would pack up and drive two hours away to race when you have a track 15 minutes away with a better car count than any other tracks.

And Nathan you should really get a life. You get on here week after week bashing the hill and the calls they make. Then go to a different track, isn't Lasalle closer to Crown Point anyways. You did the same thing with Kamp til they closed. But now you wish someone else would open it back up. Why would they? So you and all the other people that know everything about running a track can run it in the ground. Buy your own track, open it and see how successful you are when someone like you gets on a forum and runs it completely down every week.
    Garbage. Allen Shouldnt get points for that night!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    Nick allens dad said over the radio that if poel wasn't black flagged he would quit right on the spot, the people in the tower seen the same thing we did. So take that for what its worth
    Don't you think if the tower seen what your claiming they did, they would have let his Dad quit rather than give Nick his spot back????? Hmmmmmm