Default Peoria Speedway Summernationals tonight! All 12 oz drafts are $2!

Peoria Speedway and Jason Plumer promotions present the UMP Summernationals tonight, $5,000 to-win and $500 to start. UMP Modifieds will be racing for $1,000 to-win, with UMP Hornets also on the program. All 12 oz draft beers will be $2 tonight. There is NO carry-in alcohol at Peoria.
    Pit gates open at 4, grandstands at 5, hot laps at 6:00, time trials at 6:30 and racing to follow. Admission is $25 for adults, $7 for kids 6-12, with under 5 free. Pit passes are $35. Last years' race drew 44 UMP Super Late Models and at least that many are expected tonight. For more information log onto peoriaspeedway.com or call Jason at 309-678-1141.

Is anybody giving live updates from there tonight? Im looking for modified Updates. Thank you

Thumbs up

And the number 1 reason to be at Peoria Speedway tonight:

To get to hear the announcer Scott Shults say
    "And they are chasing the track record of ____ seconds held by Metamora's Jay Sparks!"

Hope someone can fill in that time for me....

Not possible for me to be there, other commitments, but should be a good show!

Racenut Rambles on Facebook

Question

Scott quit when the new owner took over----Steve "MYOMY" Nelson along with sidekick Roger Sollenberger(sometimes) are the announcers.

i like myOmy nelson...MY OOO MY!

Quote Originally Posted by racenut View Post
    And the number 1 reason to be at Peoria Speedway tonight:

To get to hear the announcer Scott Shults say
    "And they are chasing the track record of ____ seconds held by Metamora's Jay Sparks!"

Hope someone can fill in that time for me....

Not possible for me to be there, other commitments, but should be a good show!
    Dan-
    12.214 is the track record held by Jay Sparks

and Jeff Adams lends a hand with the announcing on occasion also. 12.018 was the record set by Steve Shepperd Jr on 9/26/09, but believe it has started from scratch with the new owner so not sure what the current "record" is. But its close to that.

I will be doing live updates tonight on my twitter account twitter.com/dirttracklive.
    JA

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by p-towne View Post
    Scott quit when the new owner took over----Steve "MYOMY" Nelson along with sidekick Roger Sollenberger(sometimes) are the announcers.

MYOMY I did not know that.... well Scott was there a whole lot of years.....
    Still I would enjoy Steve or Roger giving props to Jay Sparks and his
    track record.... one of the nicer guys around....
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

Dont forget to go across the street after the races!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtwriter View Post
    Peoria Speedway and Jason Plumer promotions present the UMP Summernationals tonight, $5,000 to-win and $500 to start. UMP Modifieds will be racing for $1,000 to-win, with UMP Hornets also on the program. All 12 oz draft beers will be $2 tonight. There is NO carry-in alcohol at Peoria.
    Pit gates open at 4, grandstands at 5, hot laps at 6:00, time trials at 6:30 and racing to follow. Admission is $25 for adults, $7 for kids 6-12, with under 5 free. Pit passes are $35. Last years' race drew 44 UMP Super Late Models and at least that many are expected tonight. For more information log onto peoriaspeedway.com or call Jason at 309-678-1141.
    Jacked the gate price up $3 from what has been on the website. What's up with that?

Come on racenut.....number one reason to be at Peoria......$2.00 drafts. By the way,is there carry outs from across the street?

Thumbs down price

25 for five thousand to win most are charging twemty fairbury and farmer city are twenty for 10,000 to win
    Last edited by boffo; 07-06-2011 at 07:53 PM.