Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did they have any kind of crowd?

The stands were packed. The pits were packed. The hillside was packed. So much for not having a good turnout on a wednesday, huh. Racing was real good. Lannigan earned the win. The caution didnt cause him to win. Glad to see Chamberlain finish 4th.

Wished they would get started going to be a long night and that might hurt them for future races (hope not but might) since it's a work night for most folks
    Did you want them to start before advertised time? They finished the Late Model Feature a little before 11:30 after a track watering session. They was going to take 2 water breaks, but they wanted to push the show along. Track was Eldora dusty and Fairbury racy after the water.

Next year's event is shaping up to be even bigger and better. Details will be released before long. I will say this. It will be held on 4th of July next year.

Did they have any kind of crowd?
    A few people showed up.

Default the hidden gem photos

Quote Originally Posted by w00ds View Post
    dam caution killed dohm !
    It didn't look to me that the caution effected Dohm,Lanigan was running him down,and it looked to me that Lanigan had the right setup,and Dhom's setup was going away.

If people think that the caution's cost him the race,here is something to think about!This person became a millionare,by adopting this saying on a bumper sticker

(SH_T HAPPENS)
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Shannon View Post
    A few people showed up.

Nothing like getting caught digging for gold in a picture that is being posted on the internet

Looks like a really good turnout, I would of loved to have been there but work is a little to busy right now to try and make a Wednesday race. I bet they ran out of walking nachos last night.
    Rollin' Keg Racing

I agree with Jody I thought they did well to get the LM feature done by 11:30 and watered the track once... I would've like to stayed for the Mods but had to get up at 5 to be at work this morning... Can anyone tell me who won the Mod feature?
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Dustin Webber led early and Dave Jamison eventually used the bottom to get around him for the lead. Behind him Jess Hartman was flying and using the momentum line around the top. Hartman eventually took the lead and left them. Pete Holt ended up second, Jamison 3rd.

Good race, I suggest you come back for the Heritage in Aug. People kinda laugh it off cause it's a Mod show, but 70 guys racing for a Harley and a purse that triples what they usually race for is something to see. Heritage is always one of the best races of the year, period. Also, with it being on a Sat. night, Tom won't be afraid to lay down a second pass of water and have the track even better than you saw it.

People can say whatever at The Creek, but everyone saw last night how racy it is and what kinda racing it lends itself to. Track took some black but was still moist to the touch. There was 3 grooves all feature long, and there was points in the race that had three wide battles going on in two or three different places on the track.

dam caution killed dohm !
    Lanigan was running him down and probably woulda got him in the closing laps anyways. He played it smart all race and never turned the car sideways once. Those half slider, half dive bomb moves he was throwing on people did not effect his tires at all. Dohm was good, but sideways a whole lot of the race.

The thing that changes the race though.

Had Lanigan took the outside on the final yellow and gave Chamberlain the bottom.. look out. Duane woulda took the lead in turn 1. Had it stuck, or caused a pile up.. the world will never know. That coulda been Eddie's opening. All four were fast, Darrell was just smart and fast last night.

Glad the race turned out great it was for a good cause.Just wish we could of been there good racing and great people.

Thanks for the update Jody... I will try to make it up for the heritage race; personally I thought the Mod racing was great last night!
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Default the pic....

jody, at least you got the winning car owners head in the pic. lol...that was by far his biggest payday...