Default Mastersbilt Serial Number Identification

Looking at a Mastersbilt chassis serial number #203 Anyone have a clue as to what year? The guys thinks it's a 01-03, said it was a 2" square tube car, but didn't think it was a Smackdown chassis. Can anyone pass down any information and what would I be able to update this too. Any info would help its a bare chassis so I'm going to need everything dunno where to start I know you guys are the best so thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Looking at a Mastersbilt chassis serial number #203 Anyone have a clue as to what year? The guys thinks it's a 01-03, said it was a 2" square tube car, but didn't think it was a Smackdown chassis. Can anyone pass down any information and what would I be able to update this too. Any info would help its a bare chassis so I'm going to need everything dunno where to start I know you guys are the best so thanks for the help!
    I had a 2000 Narrow chassis with number 269 or something like that. Most likely you have a piece from somewhere around that time. It would take some photos and/or measurements to try and figure it out for sure.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

should be late 2001 or early 2002. I own #0347 which is a late 2002. Info from Keith masters was they started numbering them late in 2000 and were building between 150 and 200 chassis per year.

a smackdown will start with a "0" in the number

Is it worthwhile to update? Would probably be a crate car or a production head engine like our LM run here with a 500 2bbl holley and edelbrock intake. What updates should I look at? What rear end does the masters run, and all that stuff? Do they have spec sheets I can find all this stuff on?

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Is it worthwhile to update? Would probably be a crate car or a production head engine like our LM run here with a 500 2bbl holley and edelbrock intake. What updates should I look at? What rear end does the masters run, and all that stuff? Do they have spec sheets I can find all this stuff on?
    If it has been stored inside, not drilled too much, and so on the cage might be safe. If the cage is safe and it is a narrow car, I would raise the right side rail, put the newest Smackdown geometry on the car and run it.

I guess it depends on if you are doing the work yourself and other factors to determine how much cheaper it would be for you.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I have a 2000 "Millennium" Chassis, #256. I assume this is also considered a "narrow" chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ128 View Post
    I have a 2000 "Millennium" Chassis, #256. I assume this is also considered a "narrow" chassis?
    Yep. That is what I was talking about.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

So what would you have to change in to convert it to the latest smackdown geometry? Do you raise the whole RS rail and whats updated on the front and rear? Ballpark on how much it would be to get a dealer to do it?

Where are you located?

Southeastern Virginia

Can anyone tell me where this number is located on the chassis?

On the left front frame rail, just infront of cawkpit.

take it to Tater Masters in West Virginia, (MB by Huey)
    I would probably put the Gen X front end on it.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Hi I bought a late model and the guy wasn't sure what brand it is he thought it was a mastersbuilt or warrior around 1999 or 2000 could you possibly give me anyway to help determine the brand of the car I know it is completely round tubing which I was told that mastersbuilt didn't start using until later...any help would be greatly appreciated

Easiest thing is to post a pic of the 4 link brackets. My first LM was a 2000 Mastersbilt and it had single sided brackets on it from Masters. I believe the warrior cars from that era were double sided, but I am not a warrior expert I have just been around a couple of the early 2000s cars.

I'm new to this where are the 4 link brackets is that in the rear

Yes, in the rear. They are where the links that connect to the birdcages/rearend attach to the chassis. There should be a mount on each side at the bottom, off the frame rails, and a mount on each side higher on the chassis, say slightly lower than shoulder height if seated in the car. If it only has mounts on the bottom, but also has mounts back by the fuel cell area, it could be an old swingarm car or even an older monoleaf car.