Default The Loneliest Person At The Track...

It might just be me and a few of my friends... But my inclination is that the super stars of our sport feel it too, they just deal with it better.

"The sponsors have written their checks, your totally volunteer crew has poured out their blood, sweat and tears to prepare this car, and now… it’s all up to you. Can you take it home? Can you do your job?” You only have one shot tonight, no do overs."

http://nextlevellatemodel.com/the-loneliest/
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

I never feel lonely. Actually the opposite. It's actually the calmest I'll be all night as I am most content and happy. During the race everything is happening to fast to really think about so I have to let my subconscious take over. I see myself in a almost out of body like experience I guess where I feel myself moving the wheel and applying the brakes/gas and feeling the G forces and the bumps and the suspension moving all around but the whole time I'm watching the race play out, feeling it play out, but my mind is free, it's not tied down to to family and bills and work and all the things that take up the majority of my thoughts. That's where the therapeutic part comes in as I'm finally free and right where I want to be even if only for a short while.