Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kojak_9x View Post
    We are on a pullbar. I keep telling him to run all 4 but he won't.. He will try it but says he doesn't like the way the car "feels". I have been trying to change the car to his driving style but no luck...

We will see this weekend.. I'm driving his back up car for the rest of the season. I know he's going to be pissed if I beat him in his old car...
    have you tried cutting up the rf brake pad? i hated the way a car felt with all four brakes, but loved the way i could get it to turn in with the rf cut off but couldnt use as much brake as i wanted in the slick. i cut my rf pad down to about half its size and found the happy medium for me. i never used the rf shut off again unless i was crazy tight in the mud.

RIDE THE BRAKES... I was watching a bunch of the Hughes cars this last week and they are riding the brake around the whole track. I know it keeps the car on the bars putting side bite and creating forward traction for you. I talked to a few people who have hughes cars with the same problem and Jason told them to start riding the brakes.

are you gear restricted and are you carb restricted ? if not start with 10 points of gear out,or start with the throttle as slow as you can make it or get a slick track carb,,,when track is tacky gear up when slicks off gear out .thats the quickest way to get it tightend up if you are that close on set up,,,,,,,one last thing are you scale or rear %% restricted ?? add rear%% or try it buy fueling up

I have a 4-bar/ swing arm car not a hughes. For tacky, I put more rear steer in car and for dry slick I put less rear steer. I also don't use the RF brake anytime. Is he driving the car in on dry slick or going in sideways ?

What are you angles (front to back and side to side) on your rear springs. And are you running on bump stops . And what springs are u running sorry if u have already posted it

Sorry its been a few weeks. I finally got my car to the track and running 2 mods makes for a busy week. The car has seemed better but he has been at the wrong place at the wrong time for the last 3 weekends. We did however find that his Left % was to high. We brought in back down and add some rear% when dry but unfortunatly hasn't been able to finish a race lately.

We take the rear steer out when dry, and take some gear out. We did finally start messing with the RR bars by pulling the trail out and man... That makes a huge difference in the car. I tried it on mine and wow.... I feel that just messing with the RR trail makes the biggest (single adjustment) difference I have ever felt in a car. Thats what I get for not listening to you guys earlier......Thanks for all the help. Hopefully he can stay out of trouble this weekend so we can actually see where we are at....

Thanks again to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TCmod View Post
    Is the driver saying the car feels loose at all or the the back end is just hanging out all the time?

Check your wheel base. Sounds similar to what my problem was after a big crash. After the crash my car had 1.5" of RR trail. Absolutely anything and everything I did seemed to have no effect until I evened it up.
    I had this same problem earlier this year. I had the rearend squared up to the mounts. WE CHANGED EVERYTHING...springs, bars, pull bars, shocks...no matter what we did, no side bite. I drop a plumb bob from the front ball joints to the rear mounts and the front of the car was bent 1.5 inches. The whole time I thought I was squared up but the RR was back 1.5 inches. I was good early but as soon as the moisture went a way, I would wait and wait and wait to pick up the throttle.

I seriously thought it was time to hang up the helmet! I brought the RR up 1.5 inches and BAM! I was back baby

Quote Originally Posted by Kojak_9x View Post
    I feel that just messing with the RR trail makes the biggest (single adjustment) difference I have ever felt in a car.

Thanks again to everyone.
    I agree 100%