Default Richmond Raceway Presents the 24th Butterball™ Memorial July 15-16; $7,500 to win!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Richmond Raceway Presents the 24th Annual Butterball™ Memorial July 15-16; $7,500 to win Late Models + $800 to win Modifieds!

RICHMOND, KY (July 10, 2011)-Richmond Raceway track promoters Joey and Tiffany Tackett are excited to present the highest paid purse in the 44-year history of the Madison County facility.

The 24th Annual Paul Butterball™ Wooldridge Memorial is this Friday/Saturday July 15-16 paying $7,500 to win/$500 to start the 50-lap unsanctioned Coyote 100.7 FM Super Late Model event. JumpStart Communications is also sponsoring a $100 Fast Time Award that night.

A Test & Tune is scheduled for Friday night, July 15 from 6:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m. for all classes. A pit pass for the Test & Tune is $15 while the Grandstand area will be open for FREE. Several festivities are scheduled to take place Friday Night including a pig roast for those patrons with a valid pit pass, bon-fire, and corn hole. Music will be provided by Michael Shannon.

For Saturday’s main event, the pit area will open at 3:00 p.m. followed by the grandstands at 5:00 p.m. Ticket prices for this marquee event in the grandstand area are $20 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12, and FREE to children ages 5 and under. A pit pass will be $35 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12, and FREE to children ages 5 and under.

Mayhem Motorsports is sponsoring a $200 bonus to the winner of the Open Wheel Modifieds making it an $800 to win event. The Sportsman division is also on the racing card for Saturday night while the Road Hog and Four Cylinder divisions are off.

Wiseman’s Plumbing and Contracting of Irvine, KY has placed a $100 bounty on John Cole in the Sportsman division. John Cole must be present and finish the feature event before the bounty can be paid. If Cole does not finish or is absent, the bounty does not apply.

There is a $50 entry fee and a $25 transponder fee for the Coyote 100.7 FM Super Late Models on Saturday night, July 16.

The tire rule for the 24th Annual Paul Butterball™ Wooldridge Memorial is as follows: Hoosier: LM20, LM40, 1300, and 1600; American Racer: SD44 and MD 56. Open on the front. Tire samples will be taken at random and all earnings will be held until lab test has been confirmed. RACEceivers are MANDATORY!

Due to the high number of cars expected for this event and the limited amount of space for parking, there will be NO RESERVING pits. Trailers will be parked accordingly at the discretion of track promoter Joey Tackett. Richmond Raceway appreciates your full cooperation on this matter.

Camping will be permitted at the track (no hook ups). Area Hotels include: La Quinta Inn (859) 623-9121, Holiday Inn Express (800) 345-8082, Best Western (859) 623-9220, Hampton Inn (859) 626-1002, Comfort Suites (866) 969-8065, Red Roof Inn (859) 625-0084, Days Inn (859) 624-8813, Econo Lodge (859) 623-8813, Knights Inn (859) 624-2612, Motel 6 (859) 524-4008, Quality Quarters (859) 624-3600, Super 8 (859) 624-1550. This is a random listing of area hotels; Richmond Raceway does not make any recommendations.

Due to the size of the event and other sponsorship commitments, vender space is limited this year. All venders please RSVP with the track by e-mailing richmondraceway@yahoo.com or contacting the track office at (859) 626-4189. Those showing up without reservations will be turned away.

Richmond Raceway Official 2011 Sponsors: Mayhem Motorsports, Tackett and Son Plumbing & Electric, JumpStart Communications, Coyote Country WCYO 100.7 FM, RDS Backhoe Service, Hager Cabinets, Tax Wise Year-Round Accounting, Hooters of Richmond, Sunoco Race Fuels, New Idea Construction & Homes, Central Kentucky Industrial, and 1-800 Water Damage.

Richmond Raceway is located at 328 Greens Crossing Road in Madison County just minutes from Richmond, KY. Further information on this and other upcoming events at Richmond Raceway can be obtained by contacting the Raceway Office at (859) 626-4189 or by visiting the Official Website of Richmond Raceway located at www.richmond-raceway.net

A Test & Tune is scheduled for Friday night, July 15 from 6:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m. for all classes. A pit pass for the Test & Tune is $15 while the Grandstand area will be open for FREE. Several festivities are scheduled to take place Friday Night including a pig roast for those patrons with a valid pit pass, bon-fire, and corn hole. Music will be provided by Michael Shannon.

Default Odd,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by JumpStart View Post
    Isn't it odd that LCS has a nice paying race the same w\end ???

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro15 View Post
    Isn't it odd that LCS has a nice paying race the same w\end ???
    not odd at all lcs done this so the race fans could see some great racing on a friday night and also that brandon might want to race at the butterball on saturday

I think it's pretty neat that a fan in central Kentucky can see a $4000 race on Friday and a $7500 race on Saturday. That's over $11000 for late models in two nights at tracks only 1-2 hours apart. We don't get that kind of thing in central Kentucky very often.

I won't be there but I hope either Mike Jewell or David Webb brings home the bacon.

If I wasn't taking my girlfriend to the King's Royal at Eldora I'd be at both races bright and early.

we done this to bring more fans and drivers to the area for two great big nites of racing action and I wanted to support joey tackett at richmond raceway by taking off saturday and we will be there racing saturday great weekend for it!!!!!!!

good job. thanks for you.

For Saturday’s main event, the pit area will open at 3:00 p.m. followed by the grandstands at 5:00 p.m. Ticket prices for this marquee event in the grandstand area are $20 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12, and FREE to children ages 5 and under. A pit pass will be $35 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12, and FREE to children ages 5 and under.

Quote Originally Posted by BHM View Post
    we done this to bring more fans and drivers to the area for two great big nites of racing action and I wanted to support joey tackett at richmond raceway by taking off saturday and we will be there racing saturday great weekend for it!!!!!!!
    It was a great idea. I hope you all coordinate more stuff like that in the future. I wish I hadn't promised my girlfriend a trip to the kings royal or I would be there both nights. I don't even really like sprint cars anyway. I'd much rather watch lates. But you have to keep the old lady happy sometimes.

Good luck, I hope both tracks have 30-40 lates at least.

Richmond Raceway is located at 328 Greens Crossing Road in Madison County just minutes from Richmond, KY. Further information on this and other upcoming events at Richmond Raceway can be obtained by contacting the Raceway Office at (859) 626-4189 or by visiting the Official Website of Richmond Raceway located at www.richmond-raceway.net

I said this on a previous thread but I think its worth repeating. Brandon, you have done an awsome job making LCS relevant again, and I think the Tacketts have done a whale of a job staightening the Rat out. I hope you guys continue to work together putting on big weekends like I hope this one turns out. Thanks again, keep up the good work!

i love regional shows and next year i hope they do it aging and i will be there i am from southern indiana and none of out tracks work together they are all a bunch of retards

I would like to thank lcs and richmond raceway for giving us a weekend with 2 good races to go to. Richmond is paying more for the butterball than they ever have, and lcs has made it a better weekend by changing to fri.(shows a lot of class). I think both tracks are trying hard to give us some good racing. Keep up the good work guys.

So, who is expected to be there tonight? Should be some good ones for $7500. Will anyone be updating?

aaron ridley from chatsworth, ga will be there

nice song i like that