Default Convincing wife to let me switch from modifieds to sprints (safety)

Ok I grew up around sprints , they are not popular in my area , and I cannot afford to travel , so I built a modified , ran it once in a year not as fun as a sprint , I found out the other day a racesaver 305 series is forming 2 hrs from me so I decided to put the mod up for sale or trade , my wife is not too sure yet about me making the switch , safety wise (thank you real tv) I tell her that I have rarely seen ppl get hurt , except on the bigger tracks (knoxville ,eldora , williams grove etc.) And that is very rare as well and I pointed out the fact that most of those are in 410 cars which make 900 hp compared to a 305 that makes about 425 hp which is about 60% less , and stil over 200hp less than a 360 , I have searched the net looking for something that focuses on sprint safety record but I cant find much except a one dirt praiseing safety even though the writer feels sprints are the most dangerous race cars in motorsports , I ran 600 mini sprints which she had no problem with I explained that a full size sprint was safer mainly due to its larger size , she kinda bought it , I also explained to her that my crotch rocket on the interstate at 80 was wwwwaaaayyyy more dangerous than any sprint car , I know she would do it even if she didnt like it , but I dont want it coming back to haunt me , so if someone could help me with some hard info good or bad I can show her I would appriciate it thanks

Good luck finding any info online about sprint car racing. lol, when I started helping a freind a few years ago I tried to learn as much as I could online (not much out there, safety, setup, or all of the above) I would explain to her that you have a large pillow (the wing) over top of your head that absorbs the impact in the event there is one....Oh and don't show her the video of Jack Sodemans crash from last week. Good luck, and I am sure she will be understanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ3EKnahMIY
    Last edited by fast_crew; 07-16-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    Josh K.

well not sure what you have for safety gear now but tell her you will upgrade to the best if need be.

Hans or defender something for your head and neck , good suit , containment seat.....

i wouldn't cheep out on the safety gear its self

most sprint wrecks look relay bad due to the fact that they have relay big bouncy balls for tires lol.

in my eyes something could happen just as bad in a modified its a dangerous sport no matter what you drive i have seen some guys get hurt and i have seen them walk away in a wreck 10 times as worse in all divisions

wish you luck at least shes only worried about the safety and not the cost lol
    62 mini mod

I raced sprints for 8 years and it was the only type of car i had before i started racing. Take a photo point to the wing and say see this. Its just like a pillow honey. Another good thing to point out most sprint car drivers know you can't lean on each other like they do with fender cars and others.

Ain't to sure i would want to drive 2hrs for a racesaver deal. The payouts are probably the same. Plus theres guys spending a ton on engines. I came from a racesaver sprint and a 360.

Maybe you could take her to watch a race or two and see what’s going on. Even if there’s a wreck, if the driver emerges okay then maybe she won’t be as scared.

Something else to think of... You NEVER hear about the thousands of flights made every day but let one incident happen...

Those reality shows have to dig pretty deep to find footage of a wreck let alone the spectacular ones that they show. Ratings, I tell ya...

I personally think racing is safer than football where people are gunning for you.

Just my .02

You could try running the 305 class. show your wife how much cheaper they are to run and how much slower they are. She may go for it. You can then swap in a 360 or 410 at any time! LOL

Regardless of what you generate i have seen some people getting harm and I have seen them move away in a damage 10 times more intense in all sections

Buzz App | Buzz Apps | Twilio Services | SMS Marketing | Wordpress SMS Plugin | SMS Plugin | WP SMS Plugin | Privacy Pro | Wifi Based App | Privacy Pro App
    Last edited by Blingmo; 10-10-2016 at 07:54 AM.