Default whats the best engine combo to build

Getting ready to build new engine and just can't decide what combo to go with. I've had 355, 377, 383, 406. I like having the torque of the longer stroke but also thought about destoking a bit. Looking at going with either a 3 5/8 stroke or a 3 7/8 stroke. Bore will be 4.125. Throw out some ideas. Mainly running on 3/8 mile tracks.
    Well it doesn't say that I can't

A guy I share a lot of tuning tools with. Like my carb guy, chassis dyno etc.

Has a 358 10.5 to 1 that beats all my motors Ive ever had on the chassis dyno with a 4412 gauge legal. I have a little more tq with a 436 I had then him but when he switched to E 85 and dynoed it he beats me on tq and hp period.

Im seriously rethinking my whole motor program.

Didn't Bill Hendren tell you for years that a properly built 355 would outrun the 400+ci motors with the 500cfm 2bbl and you constantly said that it could not be done????

Default E85

There's another question. E85 or VP113?
    Well it doesn't say that I can't

vp113 is oxygenated you better do a lot of research or dyno compare it yourself before going that route...

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    Didn't Bill Hendren tell you for years that a properly built 355 would outrun the 400+ci motors with the 500cfm 2bbl and you constantly said that it could not be done????
    Um No NEVER... he was claiming he could build a small motor to beat a big motor with a 350cfm carb.... BUT HE never has built anything for said carb in his life.

So as usual your wrong Ego.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Um No NEVER... he was claiming he could build a small motor to beat a big motor with a 350cfm carb.... BUT HE never has built anything for said carb in his life.

So as usual your wrong Ego.
    He was using the 350 as an example and he had done it. Bill built engines using about any carb you can think of he said that he had not built a 350 2bbl motor for several years, he NEVER said that he had not built a 500 cfm 2 bbl motor. So it seams that you are the one that was wrong.