Billy Moyer
    Tyler Redd1ck

Fourth Heat

Don O'Neal
    Steve Casebolt
    Eric Wells
    Chris Simpson

See everyone tomorrow night!

Here's another live update the track is junk,takin rubber in the heats!!! I think I have a new name for that series its call the World of Wussies Lucas dirt car series if their to scared to run on a heavy track they are a bunch of wussies!! Sorry folks just my opinion dont like it dont care tellin it like it is. I'm in debate weather I want to waste 25.00 to go tomorrow or not,pretty stupid to pay 25.00 to watch the pole smoker lead all the laps for the 100 lap victory. Waste of hard earned 25.00 bucks,I think I'll flip a quarter on weather to go or not might make it easier to decide.

I guess I didn't realize that LODLMS sent their own people out to prep these tracks as Scruffy is inferring. If I ran the schedule that these guys and girls run, I would want a track like this one every race. It would be a lot easier on equipment. If they ran on a hammer down tacky race track every night, it would cost more for everyone.The racers motor budget would skyrocket which would cause them to race only for more money than they are now. That would cause track promoters to have to pay them more which would be passed on to the fans. Then we could still listen to you complain, only then about cost at the gate.
    Rick Downs

Tri-City is one of my favorite tracks in the Midwest
    -- but unfortunately the conditions Scruffy described last night were correct.

I'm no expert on track prep by any means -- but I'm thinking the ramp comming of the interstate may have been racier.

With that said --- OF COURSE, I'll be back tonight to one of the best tracks in our state -- and hopefully will see some multi-grooved racing like I've seen lots of times before.

Default feger no show at spoon

i think alot of people are upset that Feger was a no show at spoon last night... thought he was the champion!!

Quote Originally Posted by racemedic View Post
    i think alot of people are upset that Feger was a no show at spoon last night... thought he was the champion!!
    Sorry to hear people were upset.

It was an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT DECISION for Jason to make -- to drop off the tour.

He made the announcement early in the week that he was going home, shaking down the cars and would be attending the Lucas Oil race in Tri-City this week-end.

He's raced over 60 nights this year and there's still tons of racing this season --

When your cars aren't working well -- you are digging yourself deeper and deeper in the hole -- he can't afford that -- so he has to figure out how to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 56FAN View Post
    I guess I didn't realize that LODLMS sent their own people out to prep these tracks as Scruffy is inferring. If I ran the schedule that these guys and girls run, I would want a track like this one every race. It would be a lot easier on equipment. If they ran on a hammer down tacky race track every night, it would cost more for everyone.The racers motor budget would skyrocket which would cause them to race only for more money than they are now. That would cause track promoters to have to pay them more which would be passed on to the fans. Then we could still listen to you complain, only then about cost at the gate.
    You don't think the Lucas Series folks are "suggesting" to these tracks just what type of surface they want when they race there???

It doesn't have to be super tacky hammer down every time in my opinion, but when this series is always shooting for a nice smooth slicked off three wide track they usually end up with a dust bowl of rubbered up circle turning. Which is what they would rather have than risking the wet rutted up demolition derby races.

It does appear however that the Lucas Series is doing just fine with the parade they take from town to town, as they claim to have excellent spectator response everywhere they go. Evidently all ya have to do to tour a successful DLM series is market the area with creative advertising, parade your lead "dogs and ponies" around the track for the peanut gallery, be sure and have an announcer who assures everyone they are seeing the greatest thing on dirt, and POOF! 90% of the subjects in the stands walk away brainwashed into thinking it was a good night, regardless of what happened on the track.

Fortunately Tri-City Speedway has a 2nd chance tonight to give the other 10% of the crowd (the ones who don't necessarily HAVE to be at a track in the future) a decent show. Recently concerning these two day shows, day one usually seems to stink pretty bad for the grandstander, but day two can sometimes turn out surprisingly entertaining. So best of luck to those returning to the Tri-City Speedway grandstands tonight!!

you had jimmy owens come from fifth to second. the ray cook goes to the top side and finds somthing. brian shirly comes out in race 3 and would have won the race after starting 6th but epj realized he was chargin on the top side so he moved up as well. and in that race you still had billy moyer around the bottom staying right with shirly. Then casebolt ran the track the best all night. high in 1-2 and low in 3-4. He was gainging on oneal and i believe one more lap he would have had him coming off of 4. JMO

Well when most of the drivers we talked to in the pits last night were pissed about the track conditions something must have been wrong. Two guys making a few passes doesn't make the racing good.Them cutting up the bottom and top before the heats was way to late and water the top thats the only reason there was a couple of passes.

I live 20 mins from the track and I'll prolly go to the Moose lodge tonight and watch my buddys band play atleast for my money I'll get 12 beers and some good music to listen to. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame these tracks pay Lucas for their series to show up and get told how to run your track.Whats really a shame as these track owners are stupid enough to listen and make fans from far away never want to come back!!! And we wonder why tracks are closing left and right.

Default fegerfan

Thanks for the info and i hope he gets the car figured out so he can be up front where he belongs... once again Thanks and good luck!!

Must have been the full moon because Spoon River was a rubbered up freight train last night as well. How bad? Shannon Babb couln't even pass Evan Fink, who was driving a Crate car. LM and Mod features were the worst I have seen at SRS in years

So Scruffy Dog how was Friday's racing?

Only 2 & 3 wide racing the whole 100 laps with only 1 caution on lap 15.

Must have done something wrong!

Thanks, Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by dirtwriter View Post
    Must have been the full moon because Spoon River was a rubbered up freight train last night as well. How bad? Shannon Babb couln't even pass Evan Fink, who was driving a Crate car. LM and Mod features were the worst I have seen at SRS in years

Seems to be a trend around here, as four of the five mains Saturday at Peoria (a track about which dirtwriter never has a bad word to say) were won from the pole. Regarding Spoon last Thursday, the Mod feature was 3-wide for the first half of the race, this AFTER the Late Models ran bottom-only for 30 laps of their 40-lapper. Sometimes the fact that no one will step out and even take a chance at trying the middle or high grooves will cause the race AFTER it to be a freight train.

Bottom line: It ain't ALWAYS the track's fault there's a freight train.

nice song i like that