Default How many tracks still operating in Southern Ohio?

I quit going to races in about mid-2005 and started doing other stuff that was less stressful and at the time, alot more entertaining. I worked at 35 Raceway for about 5 years as a tech guy (some of you here may recognize my name) but after leaving there I took a really long hiatus from everything racing until recently with pavement cars here in Central Florida. I moved to Florida in October 2007 and took a job as a contractor in Iraq in April 2008 and spent 28 months over there working. I occasionally go back to Ohio now and was wondering what all tracks are currently operating for the 2011 Season. I know of several but I don't know if they are still operating. Sadly I never did go to many of the other tracks. I went to KC as a little kid but I haven't been there since probably 1993-1994...

I know KC and 35 are still operating. I heard about the new track the Moler's built over in Williamsburg and all their unfortunate legal problems, but I wasn't 100% sure cause their website is down. If I still lived in Ohio I would definately be going there as its just about the same ride to them as it was KC and 35. I seen Jackson was under new management as well. I guess Portsmouth is still open? Is Brown County and Brushcreek still open? From satellite photos it appears 93 Speedway in Oakhill has closed. The same with Southern Ohio Speedway and Vinton County Raceway. Is Skyline in Guysville still open? What about Rocky Top down between Ironton and Willow Wood? Is the little cart track still down off 134 near Sardinia operating? I remember going there when I was about 8 one time...

Down here in the South they have alot of local touring series like The Bright House Series, Latemodel Promotors, FASCAR and a few others. it would be great to be able to setup a Latemodel, Modified, and Street Stock touring series if all those tracks in Southern Ohio were still open, hit a different one every weekend. Do two races at every track during the year and that would be 24 races in a year and at the end of the year have a big 50 or 100 lap Shootout at one of the big tracks. But the economy sucks and there isn't many sponsors and no one can be in a room long enough to negotiate anything before the fighting begins...

Brown County - closed
    Rocky Top - closed
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Sucks to hear Brown County and Rocky Top closed, I heard they were decent tracks BUT, being as all those tracks are so close together its hard to keep them open cause you divide up ALOT of car count...

Next time your down here in my area (Lakeland) let me know, we can hit up Eastbay. We just raced there about a month ago and we just about had to fight our way out...

As I have time I have been logging all the race tracks in Ohio in my Google Earth, I have also done Florida as well. I got alot BUT I have been looking for any places that may show remenants of old race tracks, wether they be circle or drag strips all over Ohio.
    Tracks visited...

New Smyrna Speedway
    Citrus County Speedway
    Auburndale Speedway
    Eastbay Raceway Park
    Orlando Speedworld
    Bubba Raceway Park
    Punta Gorda Speedway
    Volusia County Speedway

Southern Ohio Is supposed to reopen tomorrow, the promotion team from Rocky Top are the movers and shakers behind the reopening.
    My dad & I used to go to Southern most weekends as we knew a few of the drivers personally, so I am very happy to see the track reopen.
    I wish only the best for success with the reopening.

I'm really glad to hear that...
    Tracks visited...

New Smyrna Speedway
    Citrus County Speedway
    Auburndale Speedway
    Eastbay Raceway Park
    Orlando Speedworld
    Bubba Raceway Park
    Punta Gorda Speedway
    Volusia County Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
    Sucks to hear Brown County and Rocky Top closed, I heard they were decent tracks BUT, being as all those tracks are so close together its hard to keep them open cause you divide up ALOT of car count...

Next time your down here in my area (Lakeland) let me know, we can hit up Eastbay. We just raced there about a month ago and we just about had to fight our way out...
    Okay, but I'm not much of a fighter! LOL
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1