Thread: Car is popping

Default Car is popping

This last weekend my car started having a pop. Under power on the straights it gets worse then i let out for the corner and pops alot. I get back in the gas, get on the straight and about half way down the straight it starts again.

Motor doesnt feel short on power, and it never stumbles. Just has this wierd popping noise. Was running a two night show, did it the first night, so i ran the valves and changed jets before the next night and nothing fixed it.

anyone got any ideas? if you need more info just ask

Exhaust leak

Fogot a couple things, this is on alky, tried a new set of plugs (NGK's) and that didnt help.

Egoracing, i did think of that also, only had one header gasket (borrowed one out to a guy and forgot to get another) thought it seemed like it was coming from the right side so i put it on the right. headers are dynatechs that were brand new this year. only got about 6 nights on them.

But i will get more and replace the left side as well

Use black silicone....

sure sounds like a loose rocker. check for a bent push rod. If its bent it can go loose then tight as it spins.

Quote Originally Posted by ssr1st View Post
    sure sounds like a loose rocker. check for a bent push rod. If its bent it can go loose then tight as it spins.
    ditto....or bad rocker