Default cam/follower question

have access to a 468 Esslinger hydraulic/solid cam...currently it is setup as a solid...can i take the same cam and followers and put them in a hydraulic head,or is there a difference between followers for hydraulic vs solid cams?

a solid head isnt allowed in any of the classes i have run,so ive never used one and dont know what will interchange.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

I've used a hydraulic cam and followers and set them in a solid head but not the other way around. I always use the same followers for solid and hyd.

that essy cam sux. u want a crower hyd cam w. .518 lift then u;ll be in da front

i agree..the 518 is nice,not my number 1 choice,but when running on a thin wallet i use what is offered to me...so PM me and ill give you my address and you can sponsor me a 518...LOL
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Smile

Eric, You can run that cam in the hyd head. The only difference is the padded followers. The cam is designed to run either way. The followers with that cam dont care. Most solid cams have ramp differences, Essy made that one to go either way. BTW, Do I know where that cam came from???

Dan
    dr6 motorsports

I know that this is off base a little from the original question,but I have that 468 essy cam and I don't like it either. We are going to start running at a different track some and they have to pull vacuum

Any ideas on a good vacuum cam that pulls good to 7500.

Have to pull 16"@900rpm.