Default Crankcase evac system

I know this was answered before the board was changed and searching has yielded no results.

I want to put the evac system on my car and can't remember how to make the parts. My block is tapped for 3/4" pipe threads. If I remember correctly, I need some sort of homemade canister mounted to where the breather goes, then on to another canister, then to a bung welded into the header after the collector.

Is this right? How do you make the piece that goes to where the breather used to be?

Thanks

How I've done it on a 2.0L Ford Pinto engine. The .75" pipe off the block vent hole. The pipe constructed with (2) 45-degree baffles. Make certain the vent hole has the internal baffle inside the engine. A hose from the pipe to the input of an oil separator. The separator constructed of 2.5" exhaust tubing, 6" long, secured to the side of the block. End plates constructed for the separator with a hose fitting at the bottom of the input plate and the top of the output plate. Weld one end plate in place. Then loosely fill the separator with 'woolly' steel-wool. Weld the 2nd plate in place. Output plate fitting should hold the one-way anti-backfire valve off a 70's-80's production auto air pump. A 'smog-pump' valve if you will. Do not use the Moroso valve because it's designed for drag-racing and the fiberous 'flapper' valve will burn out on an oval track race car. Been there..... done that. The production auto valves have a metal 'flapper'. Then a hose from the valve @ the separator output back to the fitting @ the header collector. Send me your e-mail at carpda@msn.com & I'll send you a picture of a vacuum extractor I recently designed & had built by a gent in VA. It is a venturi design, & the new 'gizzie' pulls so much vacuum we're trying to figure out how to control/regulate the vacuum output. A vacuum gauge attached to the dipstick tube, & you can monitor the vacuum being pulled in the lower case of the engine. -Dave-

Dave, Is the venturi a restriction in the exhaust pipe tube or are you referring to a redesigned vacuum extractor tube that is welded to the exhaust pipe at a 45 degree angle?

Joe

Joe...... it's a re-designed vacuum extractor tube, with a venturi, welded into the exhaust pipe @ a 90-degree angle. Relatively speaking, I'm a computer dummy, or I'd place a pic of the extractor here. I sent a picture of the extractor to 'Cushion Artist', who initiated this thread, and he certainly has my permission to post a pic of the extractor here. Or........ 'mail me at carpda@msn.com & I'll pass the same pic to you. Basically, the design looks similar to the removable aux-venturi/booster assembly out of a 45/48/50/55mm DCO/DCOE sidedraft Weber carb...... with a couple of modifications. My design was installed in a 3" diameter collector/header used on a 2.0L Ford 4-cylinder. -Dave-

dave could you please send me a photo i have mine 1/2 made and on the car just running a breather for now after the homemade separator.

ssrjr09@hotmail.com
    62 mini mod