Default late model gear, tri-city

http://www.tricityspeedway.com/photos_aerial.aspx

This is the track we will be running..

steel block late model, turning 7200 max (like to stay around 69-7100)

claims half-mile..I'm guessing measured on outside rail, long straights, relatively tight turns..

5.53? More or less?

we run a track that is a half mile on the outside but it has pretty sweeping turns. our gear is a 5.49 and we turn about 6500. to turn what you're wanting you will probably need to be in the 5.60+ range. another guy at our 4/10th track runs 6.07 and he turns about 7100.

i ran there once in a stocker, track was slick and abrasive, but it was a woo lm show, i have seen that place stay heavy all night, i ran 5.00 cause that was what i had available 5.30ish would have been better, i would start a bit lower numerically and work your way up, maybe start with a 5.20ish and see how it works for ya, its the kind of place that too much gear will hurt you way more than not having enough

There is alot more that you need to consider for gearing. Every motor and driving style is different. I have run 1/2 mile tracks where we would run 588 to 613 depending on the night. I also knew guys I was running with were in the 567 to 588 range.Remember you do not win races at the end of the straight away. Does it get dry slick or stay tacky? These gear ratios were in a 358 all steel late model turning 7000 to 7500.