Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oiling issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    Evidently you can not read as it clearly says high pressure pumps are not needed. Sorry for you inability to comprehend what is CLEARLY written. There are on-line classes and local programs for free that can help you with this issue, good luck and I hope you can conquer your issue.
    Like I said your unarmed, lol..

Youve posted a dozen times that you need near 10 psi per 1000 rpm, stock doesnt do that. Stock non high psi spring is only 45 psi ish.

Not only that in your own postings youve said its bad to have oil dumping back in the pan from the by pass. A race motor thats built properly not all loose and like a worn out motor will build more psi than a oem build and be dumping oil in the pan thru the by pass almost all the time unless you put in the high pressure spring to hold it in the pump longer. This is all stuff you already said.

If you EVER had a race car you would know this as you would have looked at a gauge in the dash over the years for your oil psi, lol.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 08-01-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Living_Truth View Post
    10 psi is an old rule of thumb, and not really relevant.

I'm betting you look for a lot more than 10psi at idle, and I've never seen more than 50-60 psi hot oil, WOT.

If you push for more, you are doing exactly what was stated: decreasing power and increasing oil temps. It's not necessary.

Further, a true 'race motor' would never use a M55 pump. Especially dirt track/off road racing. Can't imagine risking one of those big motors to save 50 bucks.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26...55tom10553.jpg

Note the lack of material on the neck of the M55 (left)

Anyone foolish enough to run one of these now-a-days is just asking for trouble.
    Have you got a pick up number for a circle track pan for the 10553 type pump? Ive got that pump sitting here and didnt use it for lack of a pick up to fit my pans.

m55 have never failed me though, so I didnt look for a pick up long.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Like I said your unarmed, lol..

Youve posted a dozen times that you need near 10 psi per 1000 rpm, stock doesnt do that. Stock non high psi spring is only 45 psi ish.

Not only that in your own postings youve said its bad to have oil dumping back in the pan from the by pass. A race motor thats built properly not all loose and like a worn out motor will build more psi than a oem build and be dumping oil in the pan thru the by pass almost all the time unless you put in the high pressure spring to hold it in the pump longer. This is all stuff you already said.

If you EVER had a race car you would know this as you would have looked at a gauge in the dash over the years for your oil psi, lol.
    If you are hitting a solid pressure guess what, you are bypassing oil. If you use a high volume there are ways to limit pressure without dumping it. Oh and in case you can not figure it out, If you bypass at 40psi it is not going to build as much pressure or temperature or aerate the oil as bad as when you bypass at 60 psi but that is something that seems to be WAY beyond your comprehension....

Quote Originally Posted by Living_Truth View Post
    5/8" or 3/4" inlet?

Also need to know depth for pan you are describing.
    I did some searching it appears champ pans makes a pick up for those newer bolt on pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    If you are hitting a solid pressure guess what, you are bypassing oil. If you use a high volume there are ways to limit pressure without dumping it. Oh and in case you can not figure it out, If you bypass at 40psi it is not going to build as much pressure or temperature or aerate the oil as bad as when you bypass at 60 psi but that is something that seems to be WAY beyond your comprehension....
    Ego youve lost it, just flat out lost it.

Your still trying to argue about something you have NEVER Been involved with and your own post backs up exactly what Ive said.

I never said I hit a SET psi, you can make up all the b.s and try and read between the lines all you want your still a dum as moron with no knowledge to add on this subject and most others you try and put your fifty cents worth in on.

Go find a forum for keyboard commandos and leave this one to the actual RACERS we dont need your type her polluting the threads with your incorrect copy paste information.

Maybe theres a forum for donut eating or something your good at?