Default Annular booster carb?

The carb I'm running right now is borrowed and I'm needing to build one. I've got a carb that is an annular booster double pumper with 4 corner idle and dual power valves. Someone has done some "home improvement" and removed the choke horn and "massaged the top of the venturis (not a very good job is what I'm getting at.) Anyway, all the out of the box carbs I see are down leg boosters. So, what's the difference? Can you run an annular booster or is this more of drag race carb? I ran a two barrell on a mod one time that was suppose to be a drag carb. It had no boosters and pulled fuel from small holes drilled around the edge of the venturi and was considered and aerosol. It ran awesome! The annulars are similar with the fuel being pulled from pulled from small holes around the inside of the booster. What kinda problems will I run into in circle track application? I will probably need to plug the rear power valve what do I need to do with idle screws? Thanks

I have always understood it this way. Annular boosters react sooner and quicker to vacuum than downleg boosters. Annular boosters work better on heavier cars and help with low RPM performance. Of course it is more complicated than that, but that's sort of the "Cliff Notes" version.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

The 2 bbl your talking about was a old drag carb, #6425 great carbs. What is the number of the 4bbl you have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrunner35 View Post
    The 2 bbl your talking about was a old drag carb, #6425 great carbs. What is the number of the 4bbl you have now?
    No clue. The air horn is gone. nothing on the main body.

I do wish I had that two barrel back..............

After a little research it looks like this carb is an 0-8156. The boosters are loose in it so I think I'm going to have them replaced and put it back together. JDR is right up the road and said he would do it for $65!