Default Electric Fan on 2300?

Would you mount it in front of the radiator pushing the air or mount it behind the radiator pulling the air?

werks best to pull. if u wanna push u gotta get teh rite kinda fan blades are diff on a pusher vs sucker fan

i have seen a electric fan cause more bad than it has good. just my 2 cents

We always run two fans,one in front,one in back.On a 31 in. radiator you can offset 14in fans to cover the whole radiator.If you only need one ,you can run just one.If it is extra hot you can run two.Have never had any problems with electric fans.We did test at our local 1/4 mile asphalt track,the electric fan set up gained an extra 1/4 second over the mechanical fan every time.The cheap Auto zone fans are made to push or pull.Also the electric fans won't chew a huge hole in your radiator when you crash.

2 fans? tthats retarded

Default Fan

I've had good results with a puller fan (Summit) behind the radiator with a good air box in front.

Actually felt that front mounted pusher actually blocked air flow, but no definitive data.
    JerryM

I have a junkyard elec. fan (late 80s GM fan) on mine, wired to a toggle switch. Mounted to back of radiator. Five years with this setup & no problems.

like I stated earlier that was just my 2 cents. running more electric than what is needed is just something else to go wrong. I have seen to many get ate up with dirt and wiring problems. The HP gain isnt enough to even matter. If you have a low batt the electric it pulls will lose more power than a flex fans pulls anyday. I run a triple bypass aluminum rad and a flex fan with a air (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and in the middle of summer it dosent run over 180 no need for two fans... But we are racers and things like this is what makes us different!

thats grate but wont werk on a 2300 tempo moter

Quote Originally Posted by longhornracer View Post
    like I stated earlier that was just my 2 cents. running more electric than what is needed is just something else to go wrong. I have seen to many get ate up with dirt and wiring problems. The HP gain isnt enough to even matter. If you have a low batt the electric it pulls will lose more power than a flex fans pulls anyday. I run a triple bypass aluminum rad and a flex fan with a air (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and in the middle of summer it dosent run over 180 no need for two fans... But we are racers and things like this is what makes us different!
    around 12 to 14 hp! is huge when ur racing cars like we race!! dont know where ur at but im not giving up my hp and it makes a really big difference on the track on high in cars! on a stock class car as well! but this is what seperates cars at the track so its great to have options and opinions !! we have to add weight so for it we added a 16 volt batt to carry the extra goodies we have!!!

12 to 14hp really??? Dont know what dyno your on but it needs calibrated!

Quote Originally Posted by longhornracer View Post
    12 to 14hp really??? Dont know what dyno your on but it needs calibrated!

You should see his fan .....
    I don't suffer from insanity ... I enjoy every minute of it!

http://www.Scalded-Dog-Racing.com

Ran a 16" puller fan this weekend. Temp got to 200 degrees and it was 98 degrees air temp at the time of racing. Is this temp ok? When I open the hood and let it idle after the race it drops quickly to 170. Seems like an awful lot of heat from the headers in the engine compartment. Should I use header wrap? Maybe this would lower the heat around the engine area.

ya thats a huge prob cuz 200 on a 98 deg day im surprized u didnt explode that moter ever look at wat ur tow vehical pulls for temp gettin to the track? prolly more than 200. no $hit.

id put it behind rad. and run some i think its called water wet or ice in the rad. it helps out some but i allways run my fan this way plus a good griffen double pass rad. is a plus

on the wiring if u got a good heavy drop cord it works great all ready covered and plenty heavy enough on the wire .