Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mcnicol25 View Post
    Yep usually somewhere in the 70's is what I get out of the Meijer pump here in MI. For the most part it will run just fine on that. If the hesitation gets to bad off idle I'll go get a gallon fuel from the guy at the track and just dump it in on top.
    At full throttle I'm not noticing any problems, but during restarts if doesn't want to clean out, I'll hang back a touch a get a little bit of a rolling start. Seems to be working OK for now.
    ok gotcha.

That wont work for me. I was hoping you found a supplier with good e85 and consistent. I dont have the time to mix it etc... And I sure as heck cant be hanging back or having any hesitation around here while racing that would cost me 3-5 spots a re start as we do double file restarts.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnicol25 View Post
    I have run E85 with very few issues for the past 3 years. At the start of this season I had a very similar problem. I went .040 air bleeds on the outer four corners, cleaned the metering blocks, adjusted the float level, and reset the idle screws. Also, drained the fuel and installed fresh. Yes it is a very touchy fuel, but it can be run with few problems.
    Always get your fuel from the same station and always check it. The blend seems to change towards the end of the season, at least up north.
    Try this and let us know. I can give you a few more suggestions if your still having problems.
    Good luck.

PS...see it's possible to post on here without posting a bunch of useless BS!
    I put my E85 c&s two barrel carb back on it runs good with it . my fuel was 85% i tested it im getting ready to try the ignite racing ethonal. so i can run this weekend then i might try to mess with that 4bbl again

Ive run E85 for 6 years now and have had zero issues! Having a good quality carb is the key! and like any alcohol carb its good to send them in and have them checked over once and a while! Ive used Willy's and Stealth both have a great product. E85 from the pump tests in the E70's due to winter blend. This should only last into the spring time then summer blend should be in E85 to E90. If you have E70 in the summer your fuel supplier has a problem! Also if buying from a pump that sells other fuel like.... regular 89, E25, and E85 out of the same line then you get approx a gallon or more of what the last person before you used..."its still in the hose" Mark your jugs and fill in order then test from one to the next or fill your truck with a gallon or so then fill your jugs.

we ran for years not testing the fuel and didnt know any better and still never had issues, but probably wasnt making the HP that we could have been. Race Gas is simple to use and costs over $7 a gal. For $2.50 a gal E85's worth the little extra work.

Where are guys finding the 100% ethanol to mix themselves?

i got mine at the nobles county coop in worthington mn (507) 478-4596. they get it direct from a plant in benson mn. i think i paid $3 per gallon a couple of years ago.

thanks!!!!!!

100% ethanol is moonshine. Its my understanding that ethanol plants cant sell 100% ethanol, it should be E98 or lower due to all that government regulation BS.

not that theres much between 100% and E98 but just enough you cant drink it

keep that in mind when mixing.