Ohio, the heart of it all

Default Ohio, the heart of it all

I've lived in Ohio in all my 44 years and never really like being a Buckeye. However when it comes to dirt late model racing, Ohio is the place to be. Look at the crown jewel races that are in the Buckeye state: The Dream, The World, The DTWC, and finally The Hillbilly. Finally something to be proud of being a Buckeye and not the embarrassment of the Bengals, the Buckeyes, or the Cavaliers.

happy holidays

i've lived w.va. 66 years and 3 yrs. ala.glad to be a hillbilly where it all started at.

Quote Originally Posted by roger richards View Post
    i've lived w.va. 66 years and 3 yrs. ala.glad to be a hillbilly where it all started at.
    Wild and Wonderful!

Home of Tall Women and Virgin Pines!
    2014 Race Count -14
    East Bay - 6............................North Florida - 1
    Bubba Raceway - 1...................Atomic - 2
    Florence - 1.............................Moler - 2
    Twin Cities - 1

Not to mention all the tire juicers, cant forget them.lol

Quote Originally Posted by fongu View Post
    I've lived in Ohio in all my 44 years and never really like being a Buckeye. However when it comes to dirt late model racing, Ohio is the place to be. Look at the crown jewel races that are in the Buckeye state: The Dream, The World, The DTWC, and finally The Hillbilly. Finally something to be proud of being a Buckeye and not the embarrassment of the Bengals, the Buckeyes, or the Cavaliers.
    Why would you not like being a Buckeye? Ohio is a great state, for many reasons, and I'm proud to say I called Germantown, Ohio home until I was 9 years old. If you're 44, then you remember the good times when Paul Brown was still running the Bengals, and OSU football has given you many, many more good years than bad.

Ohio definitely does racing right though. Saw my first dirt race at Eldora -- sprints around '71 or '72 or so. And first asphalt stocks at Kil-Kare, around the same time. Then came back to Eldora for my first World 100 the year Charlie Swartz won. Of course, Ohio definitely owns several of the JEWELS in DLM racing now. You folks who have shorter drives to those shows are very lucky.

Default Ohio is the Heart of it All

I'm very proud to from the Buckeye State and proudly say that we have the best tracks and races. in dirt racing. Buckeyes know how to put on a show, and they always draw the cars and crowds. I think if the Hillbilly 100 stays at PRP for a couple years,,, that it will again become one of the premier races of the year. Ecellent facility, lots of room. Give it time and support it.
    I also think Souhern Ohio Speedway if given a lil time, will come back to being the "fast Half" one again, wouldnt it be awesome to bring the "Southern 100" back.

Come support these new ventures and see for yourself that Ohio is "the Heart of it All"