Thread: Eldora Stocks

Default Eldora Stocks

What gears and what size tires do you guys run? Thanks.

try a 500 or 514 gear - 255 right side 245 left side

Ok thanks. Is that 255 & 245 60s?

I ran a 5.29 for years , I tried a 5.43 and it was too much. Depends on your motor.

I have a 3.00 gear and with 2nd gear in my tranny would put me at a 5.04. Would you see any problem running 2nd gear? We do it on the shorter tracks, but I've never ran there and at those speeds don't want to cause any problems for anyone or myself. Thanks again.

I ran my car like that ( second gear) for years, but did go through some transmissions . You should be ok, what kind of motor do you have?

Hoping to have the big block in the car by the time I come out there, it's a built up 427. Been coming to Eldora as a fan for years and would love to just come and turn some laps there. The car I have is a UMP Street Stock (Metric full frame, stock trailing arms, stock body) and I live 5 1/2 hours away so it wouldn't be too often, but my sister lives out there in Greenville so that makes it a little better of a trip.

Big block, not many people run that. What rpm do want to run?

I bought the motor off my friend who changed to small block and he said it was good to 7000 - 7500 rpm. He had alot of success with this motor and another one like it. I have never ran it yet, but I'm hoping to get it in the car this year for sure. Just want to make sure I have everything right before I do. I have a little 355 in there now, so it will be a big difference.

I hope it works out for you. Ever ran that big of track ?

Thank you. Never have ran a 1/2 mile, but I'm really looking forward to it. I've just really fell in love with Eldora over the years and it would really mean something to be able to run there...even if I'm not that competitive. I'll just try to learn a little bit and bring the car home in one piece and hopefully be a little better the next time.

I haven't been for 3 years, but ran there for about 5-6 years. It's not as bad as it looks.

couple of things - yes 60's on the tires
    you could even run the 5.29 gear

dont know of anyone running a big block - surprised you are running a big block on a smaller track

Ok thank you. I'll probably stay on the safe side on the gear...close to a 5.00 the first time I go there and adjust from there. Works out good on the tires...I still have my old Pure Stock tires from a few years ago and they are 245 and 255/60s. Thanks again to both of you for all your help.

Let us know when you go past the flag stand and your letting off the gas lol

when you get there and have any questions look me up - i drive the 19 street stock - and if i cant answer it my brother or dad will probably be able to

Quote Originally Posted by motorsports12 View Post
    when you get there and have any questions look me up - i drive the 19 street stock - and if i cant answer it my brother or dad will probably be able to
    Who is this ? You ever run lima or waynesfield ?

Ok thanks alot. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsports12 View Post