FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

August 3, 2011

Scott James Knocks Down Second Straight Feature Win at Florence; Starts Prepping for North/South 100

(BRIGHT, INDIANA) Bright, Indiana ace Scott James recorded his second consecutive victory at the Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky and his fourth win overall in 2011 on Saturday evening, July 30! Scott started seventh in his heat race, but quickly moved to the front of the field and drove off to a convincing prelim triumph. By virtue of accumulating the most passing points in the heat races, Scott rolled off from the pole position in the main event. The popular driver known as the "Silver Shark" then dominated the A-Main by leading flag-to-flag to pick up the $1,500 victory over John Gill, Brandon Green, Josh Williams, and David Spille. Full results from Florence on Saturday can be accessed online at www.florencespeedway.com.

“We ran our black car over at Florence on Saturday and I was really pleased with the changes we made to it since the conclusion of the UMP Summer Nationals,” quoted James this week. “I wanted to get some laps on it just in case something happened to our yellow car during the North/South 100 weekend. Both cars are fast and I really like our chances heading into Florence next weekend. A lot of things have to go right and luck has to be on your side, but I feel like our car is capable of winning $50,000 if all goes well. We’ll give it our best shot, that is for sure!”

The Riggs Motorsports team and driver Scott James have opted to take the upcoming August 5-6 weekend off from Dirt Late Model competition in preparation for the upcoming ‘North/South 100.’ The $50,000 to win crown jewel spectacular will take place at the venerable Florence Speedway on Friday and Saturday, August 12-13. Sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, the ‘North/South 100’ will be taped by the cameras of the SPEED Channel for broadcast later in the year. Additional information can be viewed by clicking on www.lucasdirt.com.

Scott James and the Riggs Motorsports team would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their continued support: Clearwave Communications, Murphy Motorsports, JFR Graphics, Rocket Chassis, Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens Racing Engines, A-1 Technologies, Bert Transmission, Beyea Headers, Braswell Carburetion, Dan Olson Racing Products, Delph Communications, Dyer’s Top Rods, Goodridge, GW Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, Integra Shocks, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Jones Racing Products, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, R2C Performance, Sweet Mfg., VP Race Fuels, Weld Wheels, Wiles Driveshafts, Wilwood Engineering.

Keep up with the “Silver Shark” Scott James all year long by accessing his official home on the Internet located at www.scottjamesmotorsports.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com