Thread: 750 on 602

Default 750 on 602

Is it possible to make a Holley 750 double pumper work on a 602? I currently have one on my engine now using a 1" carb spacer, 70 jets in the front and 72 in the rear. My problem is when I crack the 4bbl open, it has a bad hesitation. Is the carb to big or does it sound like it needs tuned to make it work? Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

It needs to be fixed. I say fixed instead of adjusted because there are several things that can cause it to bog some are simple adjustments and some are internal corrections.
    The 750 will work but you will be giving up a bunch on the bottom end coming out of the corner.
    Unless you are running on 1/2 mile or larger tracks you would be better off trading it for a 650 or selling it and buying a used 650 and having it rebuilt for the crate motor.

Default 750

750 will work,, ran one on my 602 and my 604, i won plenty of races with both engines on 1/4 mile track. call john at jdr performance 4178592353, have the carb tuned and save your money for tires.

Default 750

Thanks for the reply guys. I will be running on a 4/10mi track, I have yet to try the car on the track, this is just revving it in the garage that im coming up with this hesitation...