Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Interesting night Saturday?

I agree with the idea that many travelers had tough nights.....good racetrack, especially 3rd heat on. How about Diemel? Great job in both shows!

What a run by B Shepp!! Great job and would have won it in one more lap and Richards knew it. Just my opinion - Although Jason Rauen was lights out last night, he will not be my pick tonight. Lookin forward to a Last Chance race shootout tonight, cause I have a feeling 2 real good drivers will transfer out of that race.

Go 18!!

Default Fast Time Provisional?

Hey Montana,

Thanks for the updates, even though I am out at CLS, there is no one compiling info this way, so much appreciated.

Was at the driver's meeting Friday night, no mention of a fast time provisional.

Christman said - 15 from the heats, 3 each of from the two B mains, 2 from the LCQ, provisional for highest finish from Thursday night that did not transfer through (if not Birky, will be next highest finisher), 2 WOO points provisional available to two highest (with perfect attendance on the tour this year), and a track USA Nationals Past Winner's provisional for a total of 27.

Christman did not have much info on this mystery 27th starter which to me means if Bloomer and Moyer both somehow don't qualify they may had yet another starter for TWO past champions provisionals. That's a wierd one.

Also would be interested to see (and it was not mentioned at the meeting) if the "EMERGENCY" WoO provisionals are in play for this show.

Lot of good cars will be going home.

Where did you get the "Fast Time Provisional" from?

Alex

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Well, all I know Alex, is that last year Davenport had the 4th fastest time with the three cars ahead of him qualifying in their heats, and Davenport finished 4th in his heat. Davenport never ran any of the two B-Main's last year, and looking at last years results Jonathan started 16th.

And on another note, I could've sworn I heard Eshelman say last night before the racing began that the 16th spot was reserved for the fastest qualifier not qualified through the heats, in which case that would be Jonathan again this year.

Sometimes I wonder if Christman really knows the format that has been laid out because why would they change it from last year's. As far as emergency provisionals, I couldn't tell ya' about that one, that won't be determined ( if at all ) until the B's and Last chance race has been completed. They started 26 cars last year, I figure they'll do the same this year.

And after reading your points, I'm thinking that Birky will run his B-Main tonight ( he's starting 4th ) because he would be one more car for Bloomquist ( who's starting 7th ) to pass if he tries to get in through the B's, and besides I think Birky would rather start 17th or 18th instead of 26th.

If Birky does qualify in his B-Main that would mean I believe the Outlaws would garner a 2nd provisional (25th and 26th ).

This is why I get so ticked off at these national touring series, it always seems like they change their rules every other week to fit the race they're at, like that joke of a series called Nascrap !

And my prediction for the yahoo who said "how'd ya all like that ass kickin", I believe he'll get in through the last chance race. But wow, it would be a chat forum exclusive if he doesn't happen to make it, wouldn't u agree ? Certain fans of his on here would sure get some major league ribbing if he didn't qualify for it after winning it last year against 7 cars at the end
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 08-06-2011 at 11:51 AM.

I think part of the issue here, especially with the USA Nationals and the "loose" sanction is that I am not sure A) who runs the show or B) who thinks they run the show.

It's a bit annoying when you get the "make it up" as you go along sanctioning.

Promoter was very apologetic at the driver's meeting for last year's track and swore it wouldn't happen again. He thanked the driver's many times for returning to the show despite last year's disaster. Weather doesn't look great for tonight.

Again, thanks for all your updates, don't post often, but wanted to get your thoughts.

Got to believe Bloomquist doesn't tow that far away from home unless he is sure of some sort of provisional.( current past champion).... Then again, Bloomquist is capable of rallying out of the B main as is Moyer.

The two B Mains would make two great feature races anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by oaks17 View Post
    The track was really racy tonight. The local/regional guys really beat up on the travelers. It all started with the draw. It seemed like all the big hitters qualified late when the lap times really dropped off and that put them in the back of the heats. Heat 2 was 7 deep with the best of the best. It was almost a perfect storm for the local/regional guys. The heats were too short for them to get into the top three. The local/regional guys around CLS are too strong in that short of a heat to go from the back to the front.

Dirt on Dirt Live Video was awesome! Even to the other side of the planet!
    all your points are well taken......group qualifying may be in the future for this race. I can just hear those travelers whining. Your right, DoD coverage has been terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by askandalis View Post
    I think part of the issue here, especially with the USA Nationals and the "loose" sanction is that I am not sure A) who runs the show or B) who thinks they run the show.
    This is exactly it. I remember when WoO and CLS agreed to the sanction on this show, WoO had to give up some control. It's almost like WoO has their name on it but it's CLS's show.

These two had a huge dust up a while ago and CLS went unsanctioned for a few years. That's when Lucas started snapping up big shows like crazy. I think WoO had to give up stuff to get on this show.

I could be totally wrong on this, but that's how I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by mndirtman View Post
    USA Nationals Moved to 6 p.m. start tonight! Due to weather moving in today...
    just saw this in the gossip section. someone call MontanaMagic1619* and let him know so we get our updates!!!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

I'm on top of it klemm, according to Kovac the PR guy for WoO they had a thunder boomer hit there in the last hour and they're working the track as I type, with any luck and a little earlier starting time tonight, they'll get 'er in !

does anyone know how to log out on DOD, it says I need to log out and i cant find where to do it

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1960 View Post
    does anyone know how to log out on DOD, it says I need to log out and i cant find where to do it
    way on top of the fiert page to the left by the DoD welcome------Logout/my account

I read somewhere that is not a woo points race, kind of like the all star race in nascrap.

Hey Montana I think Lanigan has the #3 in points over TMac since his win on Wednesday! You do a great job on the results. Can't be a better person on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you're right Big Blue, I just noticed they haven't updated their points on the website to include the Shawano race.

That's what I get for trusting websites

How ya doin Montana? Who ya got tonight if they get to run? I'm going to take a long shot and pick Hawkins cause he's a WV guy.

Default B-Main lineups just sent to me

This post has been moved to Page 3
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 08-06-2011 at 08:09 PM.

And this is what really makes me shake my head at times, I just heard Eshelman state that there is a " possibility " of a past champions provisional that could be up for grabs tonight to make 27 cars start the main event, and that is the FIRST time I have ever heard that from anyone in the WoO.

Just goes to show, Nascrap even invades the national dirt late model racing world with their " making up the rules on a week to week basis " so as to appease certain drivers who might throw a childish tantrum " if by chance they didn't make this race.

As the old saying from my all time favorite movie " Animal House " goes

" thank you sir, may I have another "

Default new audio engineer

We sure need a new audio engineer on dirtvison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sure got that right Sledhead, the last half dozen DV broadcasts have been inconsistent at best, kinda reminds of a few years back, but hey, they always say when someone complains about it " well hey; you're gettin' it for free, what ya' complaining about " !

giving a PREVIOUSLY UNANNOUNCED provisional to ANYONE should certainly draw the ire of any driver that isn't able to race there way in. those consi events are loaded with many drivers that fans pay to see. i would think the risk of alienating those racers would be far more detrimental than a single driver missing the show because he wasn't fast enough to race his way in.

better to pay whichever primadonna showup money under the table than giving a free pass into the show. JMO.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard