Default Power steering locking up

we have an appleton rack with the intergrated servo, sweet steel pump, pullies on motor are both same size. The rack has been rebuilt been throu 2 pumps and still power steering keeps locking up intermitingly. is it possible that the issue is from the pullies on the motor and we should goto a bigger pulley on the water pump and smaller on the crank? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Locking up or chattering? I had a similar problem, I think I solved it by switching from a steel pump to aluminum, along with a couple other changes. I think the rpm rating on the steel pumps is 6500 and the aluminum ones are good to above 8000, though I may be wrong.

When we ran our aluminum pump of the front of the engine we had a 50% reduction set up, and now with our dry sump we run it off the back of the dry sump and it is a 50% deal also. This is with a KRC pump and Appleton rack and have had no problems....

Is it mechanically locking up or just a loss of power assist?

fixed the problem....went to a different style belt and it fixed it plus we decided to run hydrolic fluid.