Default Amp Draw on Ford 2.3

Anyone know what amp draw the stock ignition system pulls? Trying to size my battery based on amp hours. I'm at work and can't check it myself until tomorrow.

Thanks

It appears you're not running an alternator. A little off the Subject, but a thought comes to mind. If the stock ignition/module will stand it, why not use a 12V-to-16V converter off the battery to power the ignition system? Starting in the early 90's, I've always used a JACOBS converter to supply 16V to the ignition. But the Pertronics module in the distributor would easily handle the voltage. And the Jacobs converters were/are expensive. I haven't checked, but there must now be converters out there that are much cheaper & would supply the relatively low current required by the ignition system? -Dave-

id run an alternator...84Dave did the breakdown awhile back and it seems to me that even with a drained battery a 50 amp alternator used less than 1HP.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

just use a marine batt and u be fine even with an elec fan and elec feul pump. u'll be fine for all nite w/100+ laps thats wat i got and never hadda prob. same battry in the car for 5 yrs. just trikle charge during the week

1000 amp marine battery will do what you need.The Duraspark box will start to cut out at 10v.We used to use a 900cca auto battery,but it was usually down around 10-10.5v after the feature.