Question Mustang Rear End fits...?

I am looking at building a '91 Mustang 5.0 Gt. The rear end's upper control arms are located in a different position than the earlier Fox Bodies. Has anyone grafted in an earlier rear end? The reason for this swap is to change gearing.

um, no they arent.. they shouldnt be anyway.... i would go with a 5 lug conversion using sn95 suspension, if not get a rear out of a turbo couple with an auto, 4 lug 3.73 disc brake

79-93 are all same location.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Thats what I thought. Sounds like he has a 8.8 from a gt and trying to put a 7.5 in. I know the gts had more gadgets hooked to them.

them gt's and svos and turbo tbirds and turbo cougars had quad shock thats it. wtf do you need to take out a 8.8 for a 7.5? purty much same gears avail in both.

Quote Originally Posted by spddmn View Post
    Thats what I thought. Sounds like he has a 8.8 from a gt and trying to put a 7.5 in. I know the gts had more gadgets hooked to them.
    You are correct sir.

The '91 8.8 GT's has upper control arms that go backwards from a bracket, located on the outer tubes, above the lower control arm bracket. The earlier model 7.5" has upper control arms that are located above the pumpkin and go forward up to the chassis.

The reason that I'm going to a 7.5" from my 8.8" is to change gearing and the fact that I have access to the 7.5 in the proper gear. I do not have access to the 8.8 in the correct gear with out paying a boat load and have to ship it here.

dude them aint uper contol arms them is quad shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by boportt View Post
    dude them aint uper contol arms them is quad shocks.
    Hmmmm.... Maybe I need to poke my head under there a bit further. I looked at it from the rear and could not see the Upper Control Arms from my angle and assumed that those were different from what I was used to seeing.

This is my first forray into building a Mustang. Thanks for the help. A million questions yet to come.... Stay Tuned...

spose its purty hard to get ur head up thare sinse its so far up ur butt

You're NOT the first one to bring that to my attention.

Funny if you click on the orange box next to boport it says( boport has little shameless behavior in the past)

ya so and u r a dumb$hit.

what gears do you need in the 8.8...i have access to every ratio ring and pinion between 3.08 and 4.10 that ford makes
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Quote Originally Posted by car62 View Post
    what gears do you need in the 8.8...i have access to every ratio ring and pinion between 3.08 and 4.10 that ford makes
    I'm looking for the 3.08s. However, I have never setup or changed the gears out. Would prefer just to swap out the rearend.

y do u wanna 308 in a 5.0 mudstang? ud never get into overdrive until u hit like 100mph. and she'd be real doggy off the line. that lil 7.5 rear prolly wont last long if u pound her.

y do u wanna 308 in a 5.0 mudstang? ud never get into overdrive until u hit like 100mph. and she'd be real doggy off the line. that lil 7.5 rear prolly wont last long if u pound her.
    I am considering using a 5.0 chassis and putting in a 2.3 in order to run MINI STOCKS. The 3.08 coupled to my 2.14 tranny would serve my situation just fine. I have never built a Mustang however I have built several other cars. Thank you for the information tho'.

back when we had the 4cyl mustangs racing in these parts everyone ran a 7.5 cause of the weight savings, except the one guy that built an s-10 w/ an iron duke... he should have been towing a grader, the mustangs lapped that thing twice every 8 lap heat race (with a veteran behind the wheel).. til they wised up and put a 2.3 in it lol then it was hanging with the pack

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bushracing67 View Post
    back when we had the 4cyl mustangs racing in these parts everyone ran a 7.5 cause of the weight savings, except the one guy that built an s-10 w/ an iron duke... he should have been towing a grader, the mustangs lapped that thing twice every 8 lap heat race (with a veteran behind the wheel).. til they wised up and put a 2.3 in it lol then it was hanging with the pack
    I briefly considered building a Ford Ranger. Doesn't seem to be many folks running these so... I scrapped the idea. Here in these parts, 50 million chinese eating rice has gotta tell ya something. So, with me, its Monkey See, Monkey Do. Tired of piddlin like a puppy, wanna run with the BIG DOGS Lol... enough of the cliches. You get the point.