Default rally car racing

i know it was a while ago but was it me or was a sad display of racing. Every race they had was had like a least a 8 sec lead on every race. Not only that but the camera operators were bad too they showed the leader going in the pits instead of a good battle for second. They should also found a flag man that could flag a freakin flag.

What series are you talking about. The WRC ( World Rally Championship) held overseas is run on time so there would be no need for a flag man. Those race are always exciting to watch. The coarse is usually run through the countryside so it is not really a track.

American rally is similar but doesn't get the airplay the WRC does.

Maybe you are talking about a different kind of rally though.

sorry i though i said something but i was watching x games

Rally Cars are pretty cool. I saw them at the World Rally Mexico in Leon in 2007. It's insane how fast they go. They were doing over 100 on a COBBLESTONE street in Mexico.. nuts!

Of course.. it's not really racing when your opponent is the stopwatch.. but they are balls fast.

I actually prefer them on TV. When you see them in person it's:

Here it comes.. ZOOM.. there he goes.
    wait 8 minutes.
    Here it comes... ZOOM.. there he goes.

WRC is pretty funny because it's really through tiny little streets and people's back yards.

and the cars have to be street legal. One of the rules of WRC is that you have to drive to each stage on public roads.

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    sorry i though i said something but i was watching x games
    OK Makes sense. I watched that too. Yeah it was pretty sad. Not a good example of true Rally Racing though. That's more like the Saturday night version of a local dirt track Rally. Alot of beating and banging. The Mitsubishi had no chance against the Fords and the Subaru's it was cool to see Marcus Grunholm though. He is a true Rally Legend.

A rally legend? Wouldn't that put him right up there with a really good single A baseball player?

Oh c'mon now. I didn't say he was the best just said he was a legend and it was good to see him out there with a bunch of younger guys.

I say legend since he has been around the sport for quite a while, won a couple championships, 30 wins. In the world of rally you have to say his name is known. He for sure wasn't my favorite but a great driver none the less. Colin Mcray was my favorite.

I thought they sound kool but never seen any on what channel are they on

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    I thought they sound kool but never seen any on what channel are they on
    Usually on during the winter months on Speed channel They run in the snow , rain whatever. They are pretty cool. Check em out you might like em.

scca has there version I was at the rally in the woods around Salem MO a couple of years check them out during the winter

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    scca has there version I was at the rally in the woods around Salem MO a couple of years check them out during the winter
    Might have to check that out. Not too far from me.