Default American Modified Series Drops Sanction of Monster Mod 40 at Lawrenceburg Speedway

American Modified Series
    220 Reynolds Road
    Glasgow, KY 42141
    www.americanmodifiedseries.com

American Modified Series Drops Sanction of Monster Mod 40 at Lawrenceburg

Glasgow, KY-August 12, 2011- Officials with the American Modified Series and Lawrenceburg Speedway have agreed to drop the sanction of the American Modified Series for the Monster Mod 40 event that is scheduled for Saturday August 13.

Due to a conflict of interest over the eligibility of a particular racer to compete at this event, series officials and track officials could not come to an agreement on this racer’s eligibility to compete, so both the series and track felt it would be in everyone’s best interest for the American Modified Series not to sanction this event. The Monster Mod 40 event will still take place on August 13 and the American Modified Series wishes Lawrenceburg Speedway the best of luck with the event, but the American Modified Series will not sanction the event.

The next scheduled event on the American Modified Series tour will now take place on Friday night August 26 as the open wheel warriors of the American Modified Series bring their brand of UMP DirtCar Modified action to the high banks of the bad fast Tazewell Speedway in Tazewell, TN for the richest to win event of the season for tour, with the winner taking home a top prize of $3,000.

The American Modified Series presents UMP Modified sanctioned dirt track sports entertainment at racing venues throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee. For more information concerning the American Modified Series, call series race director Chad Yantz at (606) 510-4836 or via the internet by visiting the series website at www.americanmodifiedseries.com.

Remaining American Modified Series 2011 Tour Schedule
    *August 26- Tazewell Speedway (Tazewell, TN)- $3,000 to win
    *September 16- Moler Raceway Park (Williamsburg, OH)- $1,500 to win
    *September 17- Bluegrass Speedway (Bardstown, KY)- $1,500 to win- 11th Annual Bluegrass Rumble

2011 American Modified Series Championship Point Standings (Top 10 after 7/30/11)
    1. Joey Kramer (Hanover, IN)- 1,355
    2. Michael England (Glasgow, KY)- 1,340
    3. John Demoss (Bloomington, IN)- 1,315
    Bryan Barber (Greensburg, KY)- 1,315
    5. Elliott Despain (Campbellsville, KY)- 995
    6. Kelly Warren (Columbia, KY)- 990
    7. Rocky Wilson (Hodgenville, KY)- 755 ®
    8. J.T. Ayers (New Haven, KY)- 725
    9. Shelby Miles (Bloomington, IN)- 650
    10. Clint Demoss (Bloomington, IN)- 640

American Modified Series 2011 Sponsors/Supporters
    *All Star Performance (www.allstarperformance.com)- “Hard Charger of the Race” Award
    *Arizona Sport Shirts- “Official Merchandise Vendor” of the American Modified Series (www.arizonasportshirts.com)
    *Bad Fast Race Chassis (www.734dirt.com)
    *Bandit Race Cars (www.banditracecars.net)
    *B&B Motorsports
    *Bilstein (www.bilsteinus.com)- Presented by B&B Motorsports
    *Bob Pierce Race Cars (www.bobpierceracecars.com)
    *Boknecht Trucking
    *Comp Cams (www.compcams.com)- “Sponsor of Heat #4”
    *Cruise with the Champions (www.cruisewiththechampions.com)
    *Dale Meers Race Engines
    *DART Machinery (www.dartheads.com)
    *Diamond Race Cars (www.diamondracecars.net)
    *DJ Safety (www.djsafety.com)- “Lucky 13 Award”
    *Dyers Top Rods (www.dyersrods.com)
    *Frankland Racing Equipment (www.franklandracing.com)- “Top Finisher with a Frankland Rear End”
    *H & H Computer Services- North Vernon, IN (812) 352-1221
    *Hypercoils (www.hypercoils.com)- “Sponsor of Heat Race #1”
    *Impressive Race Cars (www.impressiveracecars.com)
    *Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens Race Engines (www.jay(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens.com)
    *JB Salvage, Inc. (www.jbsalvage.com)
    *JumpStart Communications- “Official Webmaster” of the American Modified Series
    *Maximum Energy Development
    *Mullins Race Engines (www.mullinsraceengines.com)
    *PPM Racing Products (www.ppmracingproducts.com)- “Hard Luck Award”
    *Pro Power Racing Engines (www.propowerracing.com)
    *RACEceceiver (www.raceceiver.com)
    *RHS Head Service (www.racingheadservice.com)- “Engine Builder of the Year Award and Sponsor of Heat 4”
    *SpeeDecals Racing Graphics (www.freewebs.com/speedecals/)
    *UMP Dirt Car (www.umpracing.com)
    *VP Racing Fuels (www.vpracingfuels.com)- “Official Race Fuel of the American Modified Series and Sponsor of Heat Race #3”
    *Wick Oil Company (www.wickoil.com)
    *Wiles Driveshafts (www.wilesdriveshafts.com)- “Sponsor of Heat Race #2”
    *Williams Precision Engines (www.wpespeedshop.com)- “$100 Fast Qualifier Award” at all events
    *Willy’s Carburetors (www.willyscarbs.com)- “Lucky Draw Award”

Last edited by norm71; 08-12-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the a$$ kickin' he put on them last week...? Just a thought!

What would they have done if he showed up at Bardstown? Let him race and then take his money and points? Even though the show did get rained out...what would have happened if not rained out?

AMS...you got this one wrong. If you were gonna do something...do it right after the incident occurred. Not a month (33 days) later.
    Last edited by JetSpeed22; 08-12-2011 at 12:46 PM.

which driver are they referring to?

Go job AMS for standing firm to your rules!

Default I dont post that often, but this is interesting.

I'm going to assume we're talking about Groomer. I have no frame of reference because i have no clue what happened. But, the AMS is asking Lawrenceburg Speedway to practically strip the kid of a track championship by making him miss the two AMS races. Being a local racer, I feel good about having a promoter that will stand behind one of his drivers and not punish him for something that in no way involved Lawrenceburg. However, I was looking forward to running against the AMS guys and hope they still come. I understand the decisions made by both AMS and Lawrenceburg......wish I could've heard that conversation.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend.

would lawrenceburg drop usac sanction for sprintweek or any other usac sprint race, if usac suspended a sprint driver that was leading the track points?

ohwell hope they have a good race and crowd.
    Last edited by bgood14; 08-13-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Like sands through the hourglass.
    So are the days of our lives.

Mr. Luck, I understand your thinking but by starting a huge fight at Brownstown during an AMS event is why he was ask to not race. He is a huge talent and a nice person but Lawrenceburg should have not paid points for those races and not comprimised their intergrity. I do not think somebody should be able to act the way he did not have any consequences for his actions. Thats my 2 cents.

Billy Cooper #64
    Wild Eggs Racing

All the Burg had to do was say no track points awarded for that night ??? Some of them locals weren't gonna show anyway .

i do agree about a non points show for the track but i don't think a track should penalise a driver for something that happened at another track. well see what happens.

See what happens? Open your eyes look at the car count this year. The Burg is going down hill in a hurry. Because of Bull$h1t like this.

and here i thought it was the size of the track. it's to slick, it's to rough, it's to smoothe........just glad im not a promotor. the only one that makes all the right calls is jerry king.......................................

Default Not Good

It's not good to cancel a sanctioned show to accommodate 1 person. When you do stuff like this it becomes a BUDDY CLUB . There are several guys that chase the series for points and this call wasn't fair to them. Even though the AMS did not race and no one gained or lost points to another event, its not right to do this. I wonder if anyone had to pay a settlement to the AMS for dropping the sanctioning rights to this show and if so who paid it?
    If your a promoter ,don't play favorites. Be fair and be honest don't turn your back to poor sportsmanship or cheating, Don't let the scorers pencil whip a racer when he deserves the points or don't.
    If your a racer remember that what you do today may haunt or hurt you tomorrow. You represent You and you represent the sponsors on your car, you also represent this sport and the division you run in and the track you run at. You are not more important than this sport.
    Someone blew the call on this one, for not protecting the integrity of the sport and the Rulebook . I am sure that when you race at a sanctioned event somewhere in the rule's it mentions you may be DQ'ed or banned for certain things, fighting, cheating...whatever, but remember if you do it you will live with it and it's outcome unless the promoter drops that sanction to accommodate 1 person...

We'll be cutting some calves here before long. If anyone has trouble finding "theirs", or if anyone has trouble growing "some", we can have "them" sent to you and you can do what you want with "them". "They" come in all sizes. Most are out of a Angus bull, so "they" will be some nice ones. If some certain people already had "some", this post would have never happened.

LMAO, Moe.