Default best headers for a 604

What is the best header for a 604 ?

beyea headers

i have ran both the schoenfield and the beyea and i never really noticed an ON TRACK difference between the two...

we had two sets of the beyea headers crack last year in about 6 weeks. so i went out back to storage and grabbed the old rusty schoenfields out that we ran before and have had no problems since.

the beyea looks like a nicer piece and shows better digits on the dyno but i, personally, don't believe it justifies the price difference. if you can run a tri-y beyea is the way to go hands down in almost any class.
    Last edited by JTSjet; 02-23-2014 at 05:09 PM.

I had saltine headers, or as other people call them beyea headers, call them saltines as I've had 2 sets and all they have been are CRACKERS, strapped them up as they said and they have broke in so many places it looks like a welded mess. I wouldn't take a set for free at this point!

Beyea for sure! We have WON over 30 races with them and have not had any cracking issues!

Give Joe a call and tell him BDR sent ya. 315-497-1215

I've run schoenfelds and beyeas and can't tell a difference on the track but I have never dynoed them either. I have never had a problem cracking any headers but I always make sure they are supported to the chassis right after the collector.

I really don't think the headers are truly going to give you that much of an edge on the track. The only way your going to have a noticeable difference is going from a conventional header to the tri-y header as stated in an earlier post.

While on the topic, I noticed Shoenfeld has a "new" design crate header (with a price that they are more proud of than the old design). Has anybody run these and experienced that there is a performance gain worthy of the cost hike???