Default coil over adaptors on mcpherson strut mustangs

is this an advantage. the cost seems to be about the same. buy a spring 5 inch or one for over the strut. buy a spring adjuster that is welded in the spring pocket or the threaded tube that slides over the strut with the adjusters.
    seems like having the spring out farther would make it work better. it would be less effected by the leverage of the lower control arm... Share your thought.
    thanks
    everfaster

track ruels prolly be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by boportt View Post
    track ruels prolly be an issue
    now thats better

i'm not concerned about the rules. I just want to know if it would be a benifit.. I saw 2 cars that had them on the right front and had them covered with either a what looked like a black hockey sock and the other had an old plastic cover tie strapped to it.. so better or not

yep it's better that's why guys are cheating to win.

better because it put's the spring out farther so it supports better??

nope, a spring is a spring, even if it's out farther, the rate determines the action. it does minimally reduce some weight. but the biggest advantage is they are CHEAP, easy to find and come in a huge array of rates.

Quote Originally Posted by pobort View Post
    nope, a spring is a spring, even if it's out farther, the rate determines the action. it does minimally reduce some weight. but the biggest advantage is they are CHEAP, easy to find and come in a huge array of rates.
    this is the dumbest comment i have ever heard! it helps moving them out thats why tube cars run them ! and ur spring rate would be less becauce of the leverage issues! if pobort replies ignore!!!!

ACTUALLY THERE'S SOME TRUTH TO THAT. WHEN YOU GO COIL OVER THEN YOU CAN HAVE LIGHTER TUBULAR CONTROL ARMS AND REDUCE UNSPRUNG WEIGHT. AS FOR COIL OVER BEING BETTER THAN A CONVENTIONAL SYSTEM, THERE REALLY ISN'T A DIRECT ADVANTAGE. THE ADVANTAGE COMES WITH THE TOTAL PACKAGE (SHOCKS, CONTROL ARMS, GEOMETRY, ETC....) IF YOU TOOK A MUSTANG WITH THE RIGHT SPRING RATE FOR STOCK LOCATION AND THEN TOOK THE SAME CAR AND PUT A COIL OVER STRUT CONVERSION LEAVING ALL PARTS THE SAME AND HAD THE CORRECT RATE FOR THE RELOCATION, YOU WOULDN'T SEE ANY NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IN HANDLING. i KNOW BECAUSE I DID IT AND THE CAR WASN'T ANY FASTER AT ALL NOR DID THE HANDLING CHANGE. JUST BECAUSE ONE GUY DOES IT AND IS FAST DOESN'T MEAN THAT ONE TRICK IS MAKING IT FAST. THE CAR IS A BUTT LOAD OF INTERCONNECTED PARTS. MAXIMIZING ALL THOSE PARTS AND TUNING THEM TO PERFECTION WILL BE FASTER THAN ONE TRICK PART