Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Find a straight 2-3 year old chassis you can pick up cheap. Then you can experiment with the different designs and find what you like. When it gets junked replace it with another one. 2nd the hanging out with another successful team for a season and learn the basics. You really should start with a street stock first and get some seat time. A- mods are technical machines and not a good starter class to play with if you have zero dirt oval experience.

Yeah I guess that's kind of my dilemma. I built my mustang drag car and every time I turned around I was spending money to move up in a class and go faster. I think I would rather start out where I want to end up. The learning curve will be steep but I would rather run at the back for know and work my way up. How do I get in touch with Brian. I am in mi and will be running at butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Imca27mod View Post
    You get a starter car because you will crash, you will get hit and you will be hit so you go spend 5000 for a roller and then "ooooh no i over did my self" now i have a 5000 bent mod.
    I kind of understand where you'd be coming from if you were guaranteed to destroy a car, but that just isn't the case.... Parts and repairs on an outdated car are no cheaper than a newer floated 4bar car. And if you do happen to wreck hard enough to destroy the chassis, you most likely won't have a lot of parts that will bolt on the new car you'll buy. There is just no reason to fight it. On top of that, there aren't a lot of updated 3 link setups out there, so you'd be on your own for the most part. And have you ever taken too much angle out of your RR 3 link bar? Ya know, where it rolls over in the corner and the bar goes past 0* and when you get on the gas your tire tries to climb over the bar and shoots your LF to the moon? Lmao I remember those days... Wouldn't recommend it to anyone! Loose gruff cars ran a 2/z or 2/swingarm setup a few years back and those cars were pretty good, and easy to set up. But, not any updated info on them, so there ya go, on your own.

Definitely get ahold of Ruhlman. He will get you going. Chances are it won't be cheap. But it will be worth it. I believe his site is brianruhlmanracing.com

A good person to contact would be Todd Sherman at teamse.com
    There are several of his cars running at Butler. Or send me a PM, I run a mod at Butler.

I sent u a pm but just in case. 517-474-5047

I just wanted to give a little update with my situation. I met a few real good guys at our local track who are going to give me a hand and assist me with buying a good straight roller. Also got a offer for some seat time in a multiple feature winning car. Thanks everyone for the help so far and I will keep everyone updated on my progress. And most of all thanks Greg for putting me in contact with some helpful people.