Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Last ditch handling effort

Ok, three races left in my season. found an engine to run, but still haven't solved the forward bite issue.

Have around 50 rear, 225 lr 200rr 5-3 on left and 3-3 on right. Usually running around an inch of stagger in rear. fronts are 900 rf 800 lf 5-5's on both.

PRoblem...couldnt get enough forward bite! added 50 pounds of lead to the rear and helped some, but not alot! Tried lowering left rear to add bite, but couldnt tell a difference.

Have a 175 spring I could put in the rear somewhere, or any other suggestions! thanks
    2010 Dirtona Speedway IMCA Stock Track Champion

AMSoil Dealer, beckett.roy@gmail.com

try dropping stagger to 1/4" - 1/2" in rear. Get rear % up to 52 atleast. and u could add the 175# spring in the RR. If u change something change one thing at a time so u know what change helped and what didnt. if u change multiple things u wont know what change helped if car gets better. Theres some shock changes u could try if ur budget allows. Try those first and see how car feels. Good luck

Add more stagger. add more bite, not sure what you mean lowering lr to add bite? maybe you mean you turned the wt jack tighter or down to add bite?

If the car isnt loose on entry add more bite. 6 turns should be about 50lbs. add that much each time.

your breaking one rear tire loose because you dont have enough to rotate around the corner. if you dont have scales not enough bite would make this worse also

1.5 stagger minimum unless on a huge round track and even then 1.5 is still fine for me.

So I want to raise the LR to ADD bite?

its great going in, just get back on the gas and CANT go forward.

try that 175 on the lr, 225 rr

How does heavier rr spring help with forward bite? I tried this before and car had no drive off corner. Trying to figure out how you are getting it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by roybeckett13j View Post
    So I want to raise the LR to ADD bite?

its great going in, just get back on the gas and CANT go forward.
    you screw lr wt jack down to add bite.. raise that corner of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamTerminator View Post
    How does heavier rr spring help with forward bite? I tried this before and car had no drive off corner. Trying to figure out how you are getting it to work.
    He races on late model tires, anyone with those is gonna need to FREE their car up not look for drive, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    He races on late model tires, anyone with those is gonna need to FREE their car up not look for drive, lol.
    drove it on metric 265 american racers saturday, 29th to 6th.... came off the corner just fine, 175lr 200rr 40# lr bite, what are you running in the lr jeff ?

Quote Originally Posted by bushracing67 View Post
    drove it on metric 265 american racers saturday, 29th to 6th.... came off the corner just fine, 175lr 200rr 40# lr bite, what are you running in the lr jeff ?
    275 since 2009

Its 12.5 installed height and 16 free height.

Its a afco 250 but rates 275 same as the other 2 new ones I bought trying to finda 250 for my rr.

wow, your lr wieght is around 900# ?

Default common

.. I run a 275 spring on LR and a 225 spring on RR....and have around 200-225lbs more in the LR than the RR. This is with 53-54% rear and 53-54% left. There are others guys around running 350-375 more in the LR than the RR. Never have had an issue with forward bite and it gets in the corner like a champ!

Quote Originally Posted by bushracing67 View Post
    wow, your lr wieght is around 900# ?
    Minus driver its over 900 I think by a few lbs.

I would have to look on a sheet. I havent scaled much this year and havent written anything down since Jan after Talladega. I just make sure my bite is the same.

i was having forward bite issues all year untill last week.. i put 5-3 shocks on the front, a 7-2 on the lr, and a 3-5 on the right rear. i put for bite in the car to take me up to right around 200# and i put 3 inches of stagger in the car. i run on a 3/8 mile flat track and about 3 grooves from the bottom of the track i was like a rocket coming off. really made my car come to life. just something to try.

Default Glad to see...

..info you recieved off of 4m worked!...

i have learned a lot from reading posts off ot 4m. and i have applied a lot of it to my car. thanks everyone.

Got a new G60 for the LR gonna put on, man...buying those things kinda hurts.

Gonna go to my starting point on ride heights, then going to add about 6 turns on the left rear, see if I can get some more bite and see how it acts.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowj38 View Post
    i was having forward bite issues all year untill last week.. i put 5-3 shocks on the front, a 7-2 on the lr, and a 3-5 on the right rear. i put for bite in the car to take me up to right around 200# and i put 3 inches of stagger in the car. i run on a 3/8 mile flat track and about 3 grooves from the bottom of the track i was like a rocket coming off. really made my car come to life. just something to try.
    If you don't mind me asking, what front and rear springs are you running ?

just softened them up a couple weeks ago.
    lf 950, rf 1050, lr 200, and rr 175.

Shadow, thanks for the information.