Thread: need help

Default need help

is there any way to keep hyd lifter from floating turning about 8300 rpms

You're pretty much at the limit at 8300.

is there any thing i can do to keep the stock one from floating

Don't think your lifters are limiting the rpm's,cam profile and valve springs would most likely be the cause.10 to 20 lbs more seat pressure will probably get you another 200 - 300 rpm if the cam will allow the engine to breathe enough air.8300 rpm is at the very top of most hyd cam power bands.

i just want to know if there is somthing u can do to them to prevent this from happening ineed to keep the rpm

there isnt a hyd cam made that makes power to 8300 so ur just wasting ur time turing that kinda r's w/ any hyd cam.

its more like 8100 is what the recall said it fills like it still has power i really just want to know what to do to prevent them from floating

The lifters are not floating.The valves are not seating and staying closed (IE valve float).More spring pressure should help with your problem.The Comp 280 H hydraulic cam will pull strong well over 8000rpm if you have GOOD valve springs.Is it possible that the "float" you are feeling is a problem with the carb or possibly ignition and not cam related?

i am not really feeling anything i just pulled my valve cover off and all the lifter top r push up

Too much lash causes the lifters to mushroom the tops.Quick fix is to shim the lifter,a lot of people use a dime.A steel washer is better,won't crush.The right way would be to use lash caps and adjust the stem tip length till the lash was to spec.Don't try to reuse those lifters,they will only cause you grief.Toss them and replace with new or good used lifters.

that comp cam runs out of power way below 7500. going to 8300 is foolish.

i had a 485 engal hyd cam last year that ran really good at 8100 but was at the very end i just want to know how to keep the lifter from mushrooming thank for the help

collapse the HLA,then shim until you have .035-.040 between the follower and the base of the cam(lobe straight up)
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com