Default Best front wheel drive for Mini

I am looking to build my son a 440 mini. Could anyone help me with which cars seem to make the best. I know I need a straght shift, but any other info would help. Thanks!!!!

build the same car as what is dominate!!! there's too many variables to truely determine the "best" car to use since we don't know all the track details, we don't know your knowledge, skills and financial situation or all track rules.

the class is just starting up. We race on 3/8 mi. clay track. Experience is not a problem. I have raced for 25 plus years in almost every class. Financially, that is not a problem either. I just would like info on three to five cars that seem to be better than others. I think the rules are basically stock and front wheel drive. Hope this helps!

mitsubishi eclipse,eagle talon,ford probe and ford taurus are what works around here, especially if you're not limited to 4 cylinder,the turbo v 6 cars are fast

taurus? that's a huge car and pretty rare to find one with a v-6

still what your are saying doesnt help with specifying the ever so illusive best car. what you need to find is what cars have the best sellection of performance parts, correct gear ratios, and easy to find parts for. the nissan spec-v is the most dominate car that i see running round here. they come with limited slip differentials and lots of hp.

There are a couple of cars I keep reading about over and over. They are the Cavalier and Neon. There should be tons of info on both types of cars but the Cobalt would be something I would look heavily into if I had my choice of any FWD car. (being a chevy fan)
    They were produced from 2005-2010 and ranged in HP from 140-260HP depending on induction system. IE Supercharged/turbocharged. But the basic 2.4 in 06 registered 170HP. With a little work it would be easy to get that engine over 200HP. And I heard the balance on the Cobalt coupe is very good.
    Maybe hit some auto auctions or a local impound yard to see what you can find. Maybe there is something better out there that I didn't mention that will catch your eye.

Those SHO taurus are fast around here on the 1/4-3/8 tracks

so how does a v-6 dohc mid size car relate to a ministock which is a compact car with a 4 cyl?????

i was saying if they let you run the v-6,out here the mini stocks are rear wheel drive 4 cylinder cars with rules of 4cyl and 1-2bbl carb about anything else is legal.then we have front wheel drive cars that are stock, can be 3-8 cyl and both front tires have to be the same size.and those turbo cars are fast.

Default good cars

the best cars i have seen are the honda preludes and the nissan sentra with the spec v. If you get a prelude get a post 98 they are faster. however the best thing to do is just when you find a car research its specs in regards to performance. good luck in ur search