Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red line oil

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    i would also like to know what the difference is between 51060 vs 51061 wix filters?
    The 1060 has an anti drain back valve and the 1061 does not.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

use short filter oil wont run uphill

I run AMSoil in my car, change it once halfway through the season...see less wear than when I ran Brad Penn. Has a really...really high burnoff temp, and helps free up some power. Yes...its more expensive...but what if a couple more bucks a quart in oil...when your running a $6k+ race engine...CHEAP insurance.

If your interested in some, shoot me a message! Ill cut ya a decent price.
    2010 Dirtona Speedway IMCA Stock Track Champion

AMSoil Dealer, beckett.roy@gmail.com

Smile zinc in oil

if your oil has an API circle on bottle do not use in flat tappet engine unless you add a zddp additive. It does not have enough zinc. Flat tappet engines need a minimum of 1600 ppm of zinc.Race flat tappet engines need 2000 ppm.

I just posted this on another oil question thread.

Here is a great site and forum for oil.
    http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

The Oil Analysis Reports in the forum are really good info.

Redline has a great site. I have a problem buying an oil when the company doesn't openly show the levels of whats in it. This is an impressive oil. Zinc and Phos well over 2000, and a Flash point of over 500 degrees.
    http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=14&pcid=1
    Last edited by joedoozer; 10-11-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by roybeckett13j View Post
    I run AMSoil in my car, change it once halfway through the season...see less wear than when I ran Brad Penn. Has a really...really high burnoff temp, and helps free up some power. Yes...its more expensive...but what if a couple more bucks a quart in oil...when your running a $6k+ race engine...CHEAP insurance.

If your interested in some, shoot me a message! Ill cut ya a decent price.
    Are you trying to give people good honest feedback?? Or trying to sell your product?? How do you know that Redline gives you less wear than Penn?? Are you a machinist?? And how do you know it frees up HP?? Have you compared back to back dyno pulls?? You can look back on my post as I'm sure you will & see that I have never said Penn is better than xxx. Penn,Gibbs,Purple,Amsoil,Redline,Lucas,Shaffers,Mo bil1 all offer pretty much the same protection when it comes to "RACING OIL". Some people prefer Ford\Chevy, some prefer Penn\Gibbs & all can & will win. But when you have Chad Mullins running Penn only in his 9200rpm $18K Modified engines how can you go wrong?? Just saying....
    Last edited by cassellracing24; 10-13-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Central IL Bert Transmission Rebuilder
    Brian (217)201-3640

has anybdoy tried to run motorcycle oil? my engine builder suggest that to me.

i would also like to know what the difference is between 51060 vs 51061 wix filters?
    There both the same besides the burst pressure is different between the two...51060 is 270 psi and 51061 is 285 psi

There both the same besides the burst pressure is different between the two...51060 is 270 psi and 51061 is 285 psi

Thumbs up

51060 has a anti-drain back valve
    51061 does not
    A anti-drain back valve is only needed when running a oil cooler mounted higher then filter.....

However !! the non "R" filters only flow a max 9-11GPM (depending on oil viscosity)
    As where the 51060R,51061R,51069R will flow 28GPM & are specifically made for racing duty above 6,000 RPM........
    Central IL Bert Transmission Rebuilder
    Brian (217)201-3640