Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13"radial tires

Default 13"radial tires

Where can I find some 13"radial tires that have 8" 's of tread width w/ a roll out from 72" to 75" And what is the brand name an size on them

Try www.tirerack.com,

Sumitomo, Federal
    JerryM

ebay. dean stinger,

a 205/60/13 has 70.5" circumference after shaving. IDK before since we shave our tires before we run them.

there are lots of sites online that dose all the math for you just googel tire size calculators

205/55/13
    Circumference: 68.70 in

205/60/13
    Circumference: 71.25 in

205/65/13
    Circumference: 73.79 in

205/70/13
    Circumference: 76.30 in

205/75/13
    Circumference: 78.85 in
    62 mini mod

Thumbs up

Thanks guys

Could anyone tell me what brand these tires are availble in. New track startin up an I'm needing prices an how long it takes to get these tires locally.

absolutely no 1 is offerin a raceable 13" tire. u can get like 175/70/13 but that wont cut it fer racin. we gotta go to racin tires aint no choise

I am still surprised that there are still diehard race tracks that do not allow race tires on any car. There are not any real good street tires out there that are good race tires that are any cheaper than a good set of spec race tires from Hoosier, Am racer or goodyear. Do the math and you will find it out for your self. Now if you are running a totally stock hornet class, then run what you can find in the bone yard. If you are driving a real race car, you need race tires both for safety and performance, and it will not break your bank.

Dan
    dr6 motorsports

i ran sumitomos and they where only 2/10ths off hoosiers and lasted 3x longer and got faster 3/4 way thru there life. can get a hole season on rights and 3+ on lefts.

Quote Originally Posted by boportt View Post
    i ran sumitomos and they where only 2/10ths off hoosiers and lasted 3x longer and got faster 3/4 way thru there life. can get a hole season on rights and 3+ on lefts.
    Hey, I did not say street tires dont work, I just said they are not that much cheaper than race tires. It is also hard to find good stagger with streets when you have to run the same tire on all four corners as some stock rules call for. It is also hard to find a good 8" wide 13" street tire. I just think race promoters ought to look into the tire rules they impose on us without looking at the cost factors. They really are not that much different, unless you use old used bone yard rags.
    dr6 motorsports

Well here's whats up. The track i'm normally run at has a Hoosier tire rule. The promoter of the track also promotes another track about 40 miles from the one I run at that runs mini stocks but that track is on radial tires an the promoter is thinking of putting them on Hoosiers. Well there is a 3rd track opening up within 20 miles from home an gonna run mini's as well. But that track is looking at possibly running radials. I'm just looking from brands in 13" which is easy to get ahold of.....My question is what do these radials cost compaired to $117.00 Hoosiers.

there are NO companis making a 13" radial thatll work 4 racing we ran 205/60/13 sumitomos that r 8" wide and only cost $48 we shaved them rites lasted all year lefts 3 yrs no problem but they aint made no more them fkrs.

i would like to know where your getting a Hoosier for 117 anywhere local here are 150+
    62 mini mod

dirt or asphalt?

in run on the dirt
    62 mini mod

their dirt tires....dasco race supply in Indiana

who ever is chargin $150 is really puttin the screws to you guys.....they know if you want to race you'll pay their price......so does the track get the kick back off the difference.....the guy I buy mine from said he makes $20.00 a tire off them.....looks to me your guy is at least $60.00 a tire higher....these are Hoosier tires to.....

he dose mark em up pretty good because he knows he can. its over 300miles to find the next dealer
    62 mini mod

are you getting them from pete bicknell at bicknell racing?

olin

thats where they come from because he is the main dealer but our local shop get them from him than marks them up even more.
    62 mini mod