Default Pro Late Model or Limited Late Model? What's the difference???

I am looking at getting into Late Model Racing next year and the series that I am looking at is a Pro Late Model Series. I can't find much information on it and was wondering what the difference between all the other series like Super, Pro and Limited??

does the series have a website where the rules are posted?

most "limited" late models around my area are a 11-1 steel head spec type motor with pretty restrictive motor, shock, and tire rules. the "pro" to me makes it sound more like a super late model, which allows for more motor, shock, and tire options.

Depends on where ur from...in central illinois Pro LM is a crate series...they run a 604 or 602 GM crate motor...limited is a steel block w no dry sump allowed...super is pretty wide open as far as engine rules

a guy on a budget should definitely look into the Pro LM series. it is economical and pays better than limited....even if u had the budget for a Super if ur just starting out Pro LM is still the way to go imo

Quote Originally Posted by rubbinsracin View Post
    does the series have a website where the rules are posted?

most "limited" late models around my area are a 11-1 steel head spec type motor with pretty restrictive motor, shock, and tire rules. the "pro" to me makes it sound more like a super late model, which allows for more motor, shock, and tire options.
    The series is Ken-Ten Pro Late Models. From what I've seen, it looks real similar to the Limited Series. My chassis is based on a '76 Chevelle frame and need to know that this is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by 6wRacn View Post
    Depends on where ur from...in central illinois Pro LM is a crate series...they run a 604 or 602 GM crate motor...limited is a steel block w no dry sump allowed...super is pretty wide open as far as engine rules

a guy on a budget should definitely look into the Pro LM series. it is economical and pays better than limited....even if u had the budget for a Super if ur just starting out Pro LM is still the way to go imo
    So, am I right in saying that the Pro Series is the middle of the road series with crate motors. What about chassis type requirements? Are you familiar with Ken-Ten Pro Late Model Series?

Ken-Ten Pro Late Model Series is asphalt, 4m is 99.9% dirt racing, you will not find any all out engines in asphalt racing and you can build an engine OR run a crate engine and you can run a fully fabricated car or a clip car.
    www.ken-tenprolatemodelseries.com

Ego, I am not sure where your idea of no all out engines in asphalt comes from. I can say that around here the super late models are all out, as well as many of the modifieds. ???

Quote Originally Posted by ford396 View Post
    Ego, I am not sure where your idea of no all out engines in asphalt comes from. I can say that around here the super late models are all out, as well as many of the modifieds. ???
    Where and what tracks/series. The typical dirt super late model motor has more power and torque than a NASCAR engine, I have not seen a single series that runs 800-900+hp on asphalt, I am not saying that there may not be some but I have not seen them and would love to see the rules.
    Dixie Outlaw Late model engines would be a very limited "limited late model" dirt engine.
    Last edited by Egoracing; 08-29-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Pro late model is usually Fastrack crate and limited around here is basically a steal head late model