Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A new reason to dislike Nascar..

Danica is bringing her spoilt child antics to the big show next year. Let's see, a never-was in Indy Car racing, 20 Nationwide starts netting 17 outside the top 10 finishes, net result? She gets promoted to a full time ride and gets to test the waters in the big show too.

Name me one guy that would get this kind of five star treatment for accomplishing NOTHING. Guys would be losing their rides to more talented teenagers coming up, not getting promoted for failure.

She' s got a few things that most drivers don't have. I'm hesitant to have them installed on my driver, but thinking about it never the less. He aint liking the idea at all. But hey sacrifices must be made!

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Danica is bringing her spoilt child antics to the big show next year. Let's see, a never-was in Indy Car racing, 20 Nationwide starts netting 17 outside the top 10 finishes, net result? She gets promoted to a full time ride and gets to test the waters in the big show too.

Name me one guy that would get this kind of five star treatment for accomplishing NOTHING. Guys would be losing their rides to more talented teenagers coming up, not getting promoted for failure.

She gots the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ behind her. She wouldn't even be able to step inside a NASCAR hauler w/out GoDaddy. She will continue to run mid-pack and get more TV coverage than any of the "top" Busch drivers. Heck, she'll run 32nd at Daytona in a Cup race and get more coverage than anyone inside Top 10 in the same race.

Capitalism...it's what has made the USA what it is.
    Last edited by bite me too; 08-25-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Can't wait, She sure is easy on the eyes

did you guys here kyle petty bashing Danica last week on nascar race day ?. a washed up has been not wanting a women to make it in nascar. he is not even a has been. nascar must be in bad need of help. the only reason he is a round is because of victory junction. he has a lot if room to talk.

It is simply about marketing and money, nothing about racing itself. I think everyone knows that. From a business stand point I completely understand. But racing is about the only sport where you can buy your way in to the marquee series. Not much real talent needed. Just enough to get the car around the track at a reasonable speed, and in this case plenty of pinups. Since Nationwide has only about 15 competitive cars week in and week out, she can survive. When she gets to Sprint, probably looking at some real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by cj15 View Post
    did you guys here kyle petty bashing Danica last week on nascar race day ?. a washed up has been not wanting a women to make it in nascar. he is not even a has been. nascar must be in bad need of help. the only reason he is a round is because of victory junction. he has a lot if room to talk.
    Kyle P had a few very good seasons and dam near broke filex S. so he can't be all bad.plus he speaks clear english that us northerners can understand easier LOL.

My brother Darrell built motors for Long and Pierce and a few others back when. He is getting alzeimers now and I'm sure he and I both would like to see some of the old race pictures. We didn't really have time to take pictures then because we were too busy repairing and tuning engines. I would appreciate seeing some of them and maybe guys who knew him could give him a high there while he still can enjoy it. Thank you so much. His brother Maurice Reynolds.
    moncler 2012,
    moncler ダウン

Tony Stewart, the "tell it like it is" guy who never sugar coats anything is the guy who will ultimately put her in a Cup car in 2012 and full time in 2013. If I hear another stewart apologist talk about how stewart is a stand up guy who speaks his mind and does what he wants regardless of the blow back I think I'll puke.

NASCAR wants the publicity and the money that Danica brings. But this "buying your ride" stuff is what ruined Indy car racing... back in the CART days long before Danica. Shows once again that current NASCAR management doesn't understand what made them big in the first place. Like CART, NASCAR will self-destruct. It's just a matter of time, unless they can save themselves before it's too late. What does NASCAR want to sell anymore -- sex or competition?

I'm all for women and minorities getting their shot at the big leagues IF THEY'VE EARNED IT. Danica with her tantrums and non-performance could easily hinder more women from getting their chances. I doubt anybody in IndyCar is sorry to see her go, and we'll probably get tired of her too.

Stephen Wallace is only there because of the name. Another person trading on something other than talent.

Who's Brian Scott?

I still stand behind what I said. She is only in racing at the highest level on looks, marketing and novelty. She sure as heck isn't getting all this attention for her talent; that is nonexistent.

She would never have been in the Indy Car series in its prime, racing againts the likes of Nigel Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi, Paul Tracy, Al Unser Jr, Michael Andretti, Greg Moore, just to name a few. She was in it when IRL was desperate for something, ANYTHING, (even a talentless, titless prima donna willing to strip for the sponsors and get pimped by any company selling a poster) to get someone to pay attention.

Think about it like this. She isn't racing on talent or results, she's racing cause she's just cute enough to get used as a pinup girl. And if she was just trying to make it as a pinup girl, she wouldn't get a second look.

No one in Indy respected her as a driver. They all knew what she was there for.

And it lools like NASCAR is going to go down the same road. Sooner or later, there will come along a female driver who can actually DRIVE the wheels off the car, not look good splattered across the hood in a bikini. THAT driver will be respected, and won't HAVE to strip to stay. Kind of like Shirley Muldowney in NHRA. There on talent and ability and hard work and determination, instead of the racing equivalent of pole dancing for tips.

I look forward to seeing THAT driver compete. In the meantime, when it comes to the Danica Patrick sideshow, I'll pass.
    Last edited by t.nie; 08-30-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Shes ugly. Looks like a chicken.

No Boobs, no butt, no lips...

Has the body of a 13 year old boy

UGGGGGGGGGGGLY

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    Kyle P had a few very good seasons and dam near broke filex S. so he can't be all bad.plus he speaks clear english that us northerners can understand easier LOL.
    Kyle got a ride in any racecar simply on his fathers coattails. His driving ability has always been a less than average driver. Did he ever win a race?.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy26 View Post
    Kyle got a ride in any racecar simply on his fathers coattails. His driving ability has always been a less than average driver. Did he ever win a race?.
    8 wins, $30million+ in career winnings

I didnt see 'BigDaddy26' listed anywhere in the career Cup, Nationwide or Truck standings, though
    I didn't say it was your fault - I just said I was blaming you.

she may not be the best driver but she will be the marketing departments dream come true.

What about Kasey Kant. Hes just a pretty boy that hasnt done nothing but sell shirt to chicks. Hes prettier than Danica.
    Danica Patrick? I say bring it.

After awhile they wont talk about her.She is just a novelty to make money for nascar but it will were off.She better understand she plays that spoiled kid stuff on a cup driver she will end up in the wall..

I'm really disappointed that Stewart-Haas hired her. Here you have Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman, 2 drivers that fought to get where they are, actually had enough talent to get there, raced grass roots to get there and Tony hires Danica of all people! All she's good for is marketing, in Nationwide Ole DW would brag about her "skills" with running in 32nd place! "Oh look at that talent! she let go of the steering wheel! You can't teach that!" My god she let go cause she didn't know what to do. Thank GOD some tracks still run 200 lap or 3 hour enduros!
    Been here since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekinserfan View Post
    What about Kasey Kant. Hes just a pretty boy that hasnt done nothing but sell shirt to chicks. Hes prettier than Danica.
    Danica Patrick? I say bring it.
    Kasey has 11 wins and 52 top 5's in a short career driving for up start or has been team's JR. has 18 wins in a 12 year career driving for two top notch teams and he just signed for five more years of lack luster he's no better than Danica in my eye's and I can understand her when she talk's.

Tony is putting her in another Hendrick backed car I'll bet they bring over another Hendrick crew cheif.

to say she's ugly come on your the only one that believes that one.

She will be just like good ole JR. The best equipment and not enough talent to do anything with it. However the t-shirts and other merchandise will fly of the shelves just like good ole JR making enough money to justify giving them rides. It also will give DW another car running 30th or worse to blabber about while constantly updating the wereabouts of "Junebug"....Exactly why I quit watching Nascrap or attending any of thier races.