Default Needing a lil help on toyota motors

We have alot of he said she said going on around here..at our local tracks..i was just gonna see if anyone could help out..it concerning toyota engines.....the 2t-g..18r....3t..20r..22r...and i guess just the 4 cylinder toyota motors all together..,,talking about cubic inches..or cc's..we have a guy running a 22r bottom end and a 20r head and theres a few combinations a few are runninglike a 18r block being bored to 2200cc...thing is our rules say lb per cc...and they are saying they have a 1800 ..we have a 2000lb min..but ..with them running 2000lbs and us at 2300lbs.. Kinda puts us at a disadvantage...and out teck man know nothing about a yota..maybe if we have something to show off the internet maybe we can get things evened up a lil..thanks for any help....

DIRTDAWG...

We have a 2000# min weight, my car weighs #2350 and i'm top dog. Weight isn't always bad if it balances the car.

Stock bore 20R = 2189cc and stock bore 22R = 2366 cc.

The dude running the 22R should weigh about the same as the 2.3 Ford if that is what you are getting at.

What exactly are you trying to even up?

sounds like the tech man will have to measure the cc's on them.
    is that something your track's tech man is willing to do?

They won't catch anything till they start checking the top 3 every week. I've seen another track close by pull the heads to measure stroke, guages for carbs, lift rule measuered with a dial, flywheel weighed. There were 15- 20 cars consistently at this track.
    2009 & 2010 Rolling Thunder Raceway Mini Stock Champion

Default ..................

Around here our teckman doesnt know a hole lot about the toyotas..and if they had of checked the top 3 at our track last week..the winner was either big or had the head on his car that he got dq'ed for at another track...because that car was flying ..pulled the field by a straight away..im glad he wasnt handling good...might have lapped the field..i thought it was cool though .......
    Last edited by DIRTDAWG#3; 08-31-2011 at 06:08 PM.

DIRTDAWG...

Good handling car will do that.

It wouldnt be possibe to bore a 3tc (1.8) to 2200cc's. The most I have saw one bored is .160, that would be a little less than 1950cc's (if my math's correct). Not sure whats going on with the other stuff tho.

3TC can go to 2150 with modified 4y crank. Not sure if that is very popular or cost effective. Most put 89mm slugs in for 1950 cc.

Joe

Default Toyota 3t

Last 2 3t's i did 89 mm blocks did weep. Had to run k&w block sealer. 88 mm is as far as i would go now. I found after you pass .375 dome height you start losing h.p. Bad a$$ off turns .no need to open exaust ports

Quote Originally Posted by ATOYOTA View Post
    We have a 2000# min weight, my car weighs #2350 and i'm top dog. Weight isn't always bad if it balances the car.
    agree here, balance can be more important then a low weight.

olin

the best ford stuff out there will not out run a 3t at 1950 lb we have tried it for years! in big races! if the ford is 2350!! want happen around here now all cars weigh 2400 and up for cc's and the yotas want come race! guess there scared!! dunno!!

Without knowing the Class, or Engine Rules you run It sure looks on paper that the Track Tech man/woman is the one that's scared. The weight is biased in favor of the larger displacement engines. May as well tie a dead Pony to the Toyotas and Nissans trying to run smaller displacement engines.

Pound per CC will work with if heads are left alone with regard to stock valve size and stock port configuration. If the engines rules are unlimited or Tech does not know what to look for then you may as well throw the rule book away, or hang it in the outhouse so that it get good use.

Joe

Default 3t

aluminum cly head on 3t is less weight than ford . front weight on ford is to high on cly head. extra handling to over come.

the 3t makes same hp and running it at 1950 lb opposed to the ford at 2348 ,its not rocket science fellows the yota will win!!