Default Anyone running e85?

Thinking of switching but getting a lot of info that's all over the board on what to do.

we use PEX tubing for fuel line tank to carb, put in jets 8-10 sizes bigger, use a 5.5-6.5 power valve. Yall may have to drill power vavle restrictors.

Pex? I have seen air hose,plastic hose,copper tubing,hydraulic hose used as fuel line.Just can't believe anyone would be so foolish as to take a chance on getting burned up just to save a couple bucks.Fuel line should be one of the first things teched at any track!

how do you figure. i too have seen guys running pex. cross-linked polyethylene,fuel cells are made form polyethylene

PEX is also used for natural gas and offshore oil applications, chemical transportation

Fuel cells may be made from polyethelyne,but around here ALL the tracks require they be contained in a STEEL can.Anything less than a steel or braided line run under the car is just asking for trouble.

so you've never seen the OEM fuel lines on say an efi ford???? (polyethelyne from tank to injector rail).

we bought a mettering block from quick fules al ready preped ofr e85 they told us 8 -10 on jets same powervalve 28-31 squirter.

i must say right out of the box they where within 2 jet sizes and o noticed a huge power and torque gain.

also we run a inline electric fuel pump that pumps from 5-9 psi on demand havent had an issue at all
    62 mini mod

Quote Originally Posted by steveshawjr View Post
    we bought a mettering block from quick fules al ready preped ofr e85 they told us 8 -10 on jets same powervalve 28-31 squirter.

I must say right out of the box they where within 2 jet sizes and o noticed a huge power and torque gain.

Also we run a inline electric fuel pump that pumps from 5-9 psi on demand havent had an issue at all
    thanks for that info. I checked their web and don't see a kit for a 500 problem i see in their stuff is all the holes on the back of the metering block we cant have carb stuff that's been modified like that. How much did you pay for your block you wouldnt by chance have the part number from them?

you have to by them in pairs ive seen some sites that offer them in singels there 130 for the pair

http://www.quickfueltechnology.com/m...k-kit-e85.html

im sure if you contact them they could tune your curent metering block or make a stock apreering one for you they a grate help and gave me all the info needed to make there stuff work on my 350
    62 mini mod

Thanks a lot of the info. Great to see that some people have been successful with this without all the hype and drama.

heres a vid of my last win this past weekend Toyota power and torque is up big time and rpm went up a ton as well

the smoke is from when number 1 plug wire broke off the end of the sparkplug and was just barley sitting there on.
    http://www.facebook.com/v/10150365871391303
    Last edited by steveshawjr; 08-30-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    62 mini mod

Looks good nice racing. What are you using for fuel line? I'm really thinking that the pex idea will work. I checked out a bunch of mods that are running e-85 and quite a few are running pex for fuel lines.

Im just running some relay good high grade injector rubber line have not noticed any of it coming apart as of yet anyways. it will be one thing i looking at come down season.

im not one for steel or plastic lines my self Ive seen em crack under the stress of the vibrations caused by such high rpms we turn in Motor sports.

ive done some looking on Google and found if you use a good grade rubber fuel line with a silicone layer inside the hose is e85 safe
    62 mini mod

I have never ever seen plastic lines fail on anything yet. I sure have seen a lot of rubber lines fail. I bought a used race car and it had all rubber inside conduit running thru the interior. I hate that idea. When I pulled out the fuel line the conduit was full of gas and the line was cracking. That setup sure seems a lot more dangerous than a flexible plastic line. you can take PEX and kink it over and over again and it doesn't crack. I use to install hydronic heating systems so I'm pretty versed in it's application for hot water systems. That material is darn near bullet proof. Easily withstands high pressure, temp changes.

I run aluminum 3/8" OD line for my fuel line, under the car instead of through the car.
    A product similar to this..
    http://www.jegs.com/p/Earls/Earls-An...74866/10002/-1

One of my brackets vibrated loose, and the fuel line was dragging a little and the car bottomed out on it once on the trailer. It just mashed the tubing flat so fuel woudn't flow, but it beat ripping a whole in some softer material like rubber, which would have leaked everywhere.

Thanks, i'm pretty sure i'm going pex. I have a lot of it, so it's free i don't have to buy any.

Watched your vid looks like those mustangs are wasting their time trying to compete with the mods.

well as much as i would like to say yes i agree one did win the a-main on the weekend . they relay limit the mods to keep the mustangs close we just started the mod class last year mustangs are tough to find up here now. so they gave us the mods we have 13 mods now and more guys switching for next season. by 2013 we all should be in mods what we herd is the track will be telling us next season is the last for the mustangs.
    62 mini mod

Probably would be good to test each batch of E85 that you get. I talked to some racers around here that have found inconsistent octane ratings, due to inconsistent fuel mixes, which were enough to affect performance tuning. Had to use some E85 in their passenger cars only because of too much water in it for racing. Maybe it’s because E85 isn’t widespread on the East coast yet. But due to quality problems they need to readjust their carburetor and ignition settings pretty often.