Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how many B mains they have tonight??

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyDog View Post
    LucasQuist series walks in and tells a track owner how they want the track prepped or else their little Boy will cry like a little BIOTCH!!!!
    Pure BS.It's just the way Bardstown is.

i made my first and last trip to bardstown the year cook won whick is the absolute worst race i ever saw in my life. you cant see the front stretch from the front stretch seating and takes for ever to get out of the place. doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is called insanity. obviously the fans down there love this kinda racing tho.

No. The fans do not like this type of racing. Believe me when I say that the promoter has had every opportunity to address this and other issues. Still nothing. I will be glad when the race tracks in Kentucky start to understand that there are more than their own personal views that matter. Bardstown is a great facility, great food and friendly enough people, but racing there is at best boring and excessively ignorant.

Unhappy

I wish I had believed the post I read about how bad the racing was here, but I didn't and drove 360 miles one way to see the worst race I ever seen in my life. Nice facility except you can't see the front straight from the stands, but the racing was some of the worst I've ever seen. Mark this one off our list and won't ever come back.

Horrible race and track preparation PERIOD!! You heard it hear first...... As I was leaving the racing facility last night, I stopped to use a port-a-john in the pit area. This was probably 1.5 hours after the race was over and most of spectator parking had cleared. As I was relieving myself I could hear two gentlemen talking close by. One guy said, "What happened tonight is exactly what so many drivers have been complaining to us about for sometime about this facility. I think tonight I finally witnessed something that will not be tolerated by racers and fans alike. I can't imagine the phone calls and emails I will be receiving about this one. I think this is something we should take a hard look at moving forward." As I came out of the port-a-john, these two guys were walking off. They were two LUCAS OIL officials. They entered the LUCAS OIL truck that was parked just inside the pit area, above turn four. Personally, the race sucked and I will not attend another event at this facility. It is really a shame.

Bardstown was never like this in the late 90's through about 2005 or so. It just seems as if the last 5 or 6 years the racing surface has really went downhill. I always loved going down there years ago with Bob Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt racing fan View Post
    I wish I had believed the post I read about how bad the racing was here, but I didn't and drove 360 miles one way to see the worst race I ever seen in my life. Nice facility except you can't see the front straight from the stands, but the racing was some of the worst I've ever seen. Mark this one off our list and won't ever come back.
    every idiot standing up in the stands didnt help the not being able to see situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollover View Post
    every idiot standing up in the stands didnt help the not being able to see situation.
    thats the only way you can see

Really unfortunate the way the race turned out. Such a nice facility.

Same thing happened at WOO race earlier in the year. Lanigan was not able to pass one car when he caught the tail end of field.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodpin View Post
    Really unfortunate the way the race turned out. Such a nice facility.
    Actually I think they have let the facility go way down hill.

I rarely ever say anything negative about a track, especially a local one, but ...

I'm only 45 minutes from Bardstown, and didn't go last night. That says all you need to know about what Bluegrass Speedway has turned into. I wish the promoters (who are good people, IMO) would turn it over to someone who will invest more time and care into making it a race track once again.

They are good people. Unfortunate that they know a problem exists, but refuse to make it better. It,s another example of not caring for anyone but themselves. Obviously, this track has potential. But not under these circumstances

amen scruffydog i'm glad someone else see what goes on leader of the pack i seen it at roaring knob at lucas

First and last time until we hear some positive press. One question. During the 30 minute intermission, why didn't they water the bottom and run it in?

Quote Originally Posted by UGROOVE1 View Post
    They are good people. Unfortunate that they know a problem exists, but refuse to make it better. It,s another example of not caring for anyone but themselves. Obviously, this track has potential. But not under these circumstances
    Not the promoters, but the OWNER of the track.....all I am going to say. And anyone who knows me by my screen name and knows my relationship with this track knows where I am coming from...

Last years Lucas race at Bluegrass was identical to this one. So slick that nobody got lapped. Maybe next year they will see the light. This one made me scratch another track off my list. The track prep was awful again.

Wish they had a totally different concept on working the track. One that included getting water down into the track.

I will have to add that they don't have the best clay to work with either. Seems to be too much sand in it.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 08-31-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    First and last time until we hear some positive press. One question. During the 30 minute intermission, why didn't they water the bottom and run it in?
    Phil it was great to see ya again and BS a little but back to the track, if that is what they want to call it. After some thought I think the best thing that can be done with the ole bluegrass speedway is fill it with water and stock it with fish, definately one of if not the worst races I have ever seen and this was not my first trip there. I feel for all the fans that paid hard earned money to see such a schitty race!!! JMO, but I am sure that there a bunch more of us.

Eric Davis

Ive been going to Bluegrass Speedway pretty often since 2006, and I have only seen a handfull of decent races there and those were battle of the bluegrass series races. Every Lucas and WoO race has been terrible, the guy that runs the track is rude, I have been like 3 times in the last year and he has called the race for BS stuff like lighting problems and light rain, when really he was just trying to get out of running the race because of the low fan and car count on those particular nights.

I dont know what the promoters are thinking, but its not "all about them" its about the fans that pay alot of money to see a GREAT SHOW WITH THE BEST DRIVERS IN THE SPORT. I understand promoters can go through hard times and bad luck, but its in horrible shape each and every weekend. at least have it in great shape for your biggest race..I think the laziness and greed will come back to bit him in the future.

I think Bardstown is one of if not the worst place to watch a race in KY..Ponderosa Speedway, Lake Cumberland Speedway (when the track prep is good), and Paducah International Raceway are some really great tracks that you can just about always count on a seeing a good race no matter if its local guys or the big series.